• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Do The Cimex Bearings Last?
Hi Rick & Co
I'm about to service my cimex's and was wondering how long the bearings last.
My 2010 models ok, but my 2008 is groaning a bit.
I'm replacing the drive belt and reverse switch cam on this one.
Is it worth replacing the bearing? (I guess I mean is this easy?)
And is there anything else worth replacing while it's off the road?
Cheers & Beers
Geoff
Is it easy to replace bearings? No! It's a major pain in the butt. It requires a special flywheel/bearing puller tool. We actually use one that Cimex USA manufactured for this purpose. And even with the correct tool, it's still a job to remove the bearings.

On the upside, the bearings last a LONG time. And even after they start making noise (like your 5 year old machine is doing now) the machine still keeps running.

If it's possible to send your machine to PowerClean Australia, they can repair your machine for you and save you the hassle of pulling those bearings. But then again, you're an Aussie, and I've never known an Aussie to back down from a challenge - so you may be inspired to go for it anyway.

There's not much more to consider for servicing than a belt and eventually replacing bearings. Tose are the wear points. Wishing you success with your Cimex!
i've never had to replace mine, though i never thought about that as the reason for some squeaking.

hopefully i'll never have to! Smile
Never had to replace mine either, nor Big Yellas.

I may be a screw loose, but my bearings seem okay.
(03-22-2013, 03:08 AM)Cairnswun Wrote: I may be a screw loose, but my bearings seem okay.

but you do walk upside down from the rest of us Undecided
(03-23-2013, 11:05 AM)Derek Wrote:
(03-22-2013, 03:08 AM)Cairnswun Wrote: I may be a screw loose, but my bearings seem okay.

but you do walk upside down from the rest of us Undecided

Only because I can Derek. Wink

Hang about, maybe the map of the world is upside down, shouldn't the "top heavy" part actually rotate down? Big Grin

My bearings still seem okay, what are the symptoms of when to replace??