• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution tank
Rick, Does the wave solution tank come with a trigger set up of some sort? I want to put it on my challenger and wondered if I would have to buy anything additional to make it work.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
The Wave tank has a solution valve for shower-feeding.

Not sure how you'd apply it to a Challenger.
You'd either ned to add a pump, sprayjet, and some type of switch.
Or you'd need to figure out a way to get the Challenger to handle a shower-feed.
Rick, I've been using the challenger with modified wheels (so they run on the floor) with fiber pads on CGD carpets. It works great and increases my production rates from 500 sq ft per hour or so to 800-900. The problem is, as you know, it's hard to apply encap evenly enough using the pump sprayer and fiber pad method.
I know that a rotary or cimex uses a single feed into the deck and relies on the spinning pad to get solution evenly throughout the pad and onto the floor. I'm playing with the idea of using several feed holes through the challenger deck (maybe 4) coming from a gravity feed tank. Since an op machine is more random orbit than rotational it wouldn't work with just one.
I can't help modifying stuff. I'm still a mechanic at heart, but I love cleaning.
The pump and spray system is my other option but I like the idea of a shower feed for simplicity.
Thanks for the reply
Mike Becker
Mike,

Would you post pics of your wheel mod? Would like to see it.
Yes I will post some pics as soon as I can.
Mike Becker
(03-24-2013, 08:48 PM)MikeB Wrote: I'm playing with the idea of using several feed holes through the challenger deck (maybe 4) coming from a gravity feed tank. Since an op machine is more random orbit than rotational it wouldn't work with just one.

Hey that sounds slick! Please keep me in the loop how that goes.

The Wave tank is the by far nicest shampoo tank on the market - so it makes sense for what you're proposing to do.
One of our suppliers here in Oz is already doing this.

Have been thinking about it myself as my OP has no spray or tank and pre spraying loses time.

[Image: 3c6b1102f5291c96d1171312f50823ae_zps7918f652.jpg]
Yes spraying with a pump up in commercial settings is a pain and time consuming. That set up is about what i had in mind. Is that gravity fed or spray?
Mike Becker
Gravity fed from what I understand. Took a bit of tweaking from what I heard also.

The supplier in Oz is PowerClean.
Would a semicircular manifold with holes, mounted in the front work? Sort of like the Aztec liquidators solution distribution.

you could run feed lines in from both ends of your manifold for even distribution. A valve near the bottom by the manifold would work better than up at the tank. reason...not as much solution from the supply lines dripping onto carpet when you release the valve lever. you could put a tee after the valve to run line/hose to each end of the manifold.
It might. Small pvc curved around with holes and capped on one end.
Mike Becker
to get real fancy, you could mount another manifold in the rear with it's own valve/lever for operation in reverse.

pex would work too and you can get it in colors.
But i think the key would be to get the fluid on top of the fiber pad and let it distribute throughout. otherwise I think you'd be fighting streaking issues.
Mike Becker
i think that supplying both end with no cap would be better, especially with the curved pipe

once the pad is wetted the supply from the manifold should keep it wet and streak free. Or the use of a little bit larger pad (say an inch) with the drips landing on the exposed pad edge might be the trick.

sort of like your photo shows...

by the way, awesome looking machine you have there
(03-25-2013, 08:46 PM)Jamie Wrote: One of our suppliers here in Oz is already doing this.

Have been thinking about it myself as my OP has no spray or tank and pre spraying loses time.

[Image: 3c6b1102f5291c96d1171312f50823ae_zps7918f652.jpg]

i like how your Orbot has a bumper around the plate...and the top of the plate looks like a mirror finish...love it!!!!ExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamation