• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scampooer Poo
Welcome Harold and please join in the discussions here! I've only been at it for 10 years or so and VLM caught my eye (VonSchrader in the beginning) for the very reason it catches most beginners' eye. Low start up cost, use of a small van or truck, etc,...
It's a great way to get started part time and build a customer base without going broke in the process.
As I said, join in. We can all use and respect the voice of experience.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Are you going to encap or padcap the homes?

I think one of the things cleaners forget is there is - imo - a huge difference between ecnapping a home and padcapping a home.

(04-03-2013, 11:33 AM)SLOTOOLS Wrote: I have 3 townhomes that I will encap today- if the carpets were bad, I would still employ HWE, but so far most folks LOVE the quick drying and appearance that MY OP is performing.
Yes a great tool in the toolbox. Welcome Harold!
(04-03-2013, 05:41 PM)Cairnswun Wrote: Welcome to the friendly forum Harold.

I've not been in the industry for to long but I can understand where you are coming from, I also agree with many points raised, having been brought up on HWE, (especially after my disastrous run with shampoo in the early '70's).

Encap; is my main cleaning system now and has been for close on the last decade.

Due to Ricks' (& others) insistence, I also offer pad capping, or bonnet cleaning which, I believe, acts as the rinse in comparison to HWE.

I do carry a small porty for those jobs where I believe encap; or padding will not achieve the best results.

Larger jobs I pass on to those that have the knowledge & equipment needed.

As you would be aware, after encapping, vacuuming the carpet when dry, is also the equivalent of rinsing with HWE.

I value discussions like this as the members get to see and hear both sides of the story not only from other encappers/padders, but also those that make their living with HWE.

Many thanks for your comments.

Shorty.

I appreciate the welcome and look forward to reading more and more about Encap.

Thanks Shorty

HP
Harold Pastian
A-1 Carpet Service
Sioux Falls, SD
www.A-1CarpetService.com
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Cleaning Dude said:
Are you going to encap or padcap the homes?

I think one of the things cleaners forget is there is - imo - a huge difference between ecnapping a home and padcapping a home.

the townhomes I cleaned were all berber and very clean to begin with- corporate rentals.
I do padcap, but easily encapped the units with DS2
Welcome...
I am from the same city and as far as i know i am one of the few that use a cimex machine for commercial cleaning. I am guessing that the blog that was written was somewhat directed to me and my company. Sad

Well after reading this blog and all the responses I agree with Shorty and Rick on many points. I know there are times when the extraction is needed and i have a portable one for those issues, but using the LVM cleaning system, i just get great results and its hard to use anything different. I have many examples of businesses calling me to come and clean right after another competitor using HWE just cleaned the carpet. They were not happy, or the spots were back, or they couldnt tell anything was cleaned.
I am not saying one way is right or wrong but i do know there will always be discussions on which is the better way to clean Smile
Ryan Van Donge
Best Choice Carpet Cleaning
You missed the emphasis Bccc. The reference was to using a Cimex in residential settings, not commercial.