• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenger wheels
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q518...els2-1.jpg
http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q518...heels1.jpg
Crude but it works and easy to switch back to wheels off the floor mode which I like better for residential padding.

Well, pics were supposed to be bigger. I'll try again later.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Very cool!!
Is there a secret to determining the pad angle/tilt so that it runs smooth with the wheels contacting the floor like on a propane buffer? Or does the pad just need to lay flat in it's natural "relaxed" position?
I adjusted them so the fiber pad runs fairly flat.
Mike Becker
[Image: largewheelpic.jpeg]

I guess that's big enough...
Mike Becker
I like it!! Post a pic from the side so I can cheat..lol
[Image: wheels1.jpg]
Mike Becker
did you spray that blue yourself? only challengers I see are the Urgly Army Surplus green ones.
Yes I repainted it. The only thing I don't love about the challenger is the horrible color choice! Built like a tank though. I have owned this one for ten years and bought it used!
I started with VonShrader Machines....ughhh I wish I had the money back that I wasted on those things!! They work ok but man you wanna talk about time consuming?
Mike Becker
I like it!!
Same color I painted my 2 Cimex machines. Very cool.

I have been thinking of getting an orbital machine to play around with and this looks like a good option (if you don't mind my copying your genius idea).
anyone have a used one for sale?
i seen a used one on another forum for sale...look around.

i LOVE the original green color personally...my fav color Tongue

i am getting my powder coated Challenger delivered to me this Friday morning. i'll post pic's no matter how good or bad it looks lol.

great idea about the wheels! i am way to mechanically dis-inclined to be able to do what you did, i don't even really understand what would be needed to do it right lol. perhaps my mechanic could tho if i show him your pictures!
Feel free to copy the wheels. It's just aluminum plate cut out and drilled. Then inserted steel tubing inside of original brackets so they wouldn't collapse when bolts are tightened. The challenger is a work horse and getting more out of it by having the wheels on the floor makes it nice for commercial glue down encaping. I still prefer the original design for residential so far, but you would be amazed how fast this puppy moves with wheels on the floor and a fiber pad. Now I just need to add the solution tank and shower feed.
Mike Becker
man, i wish i was handy like you Mike, good stuff! Idea