• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
warranties
hypothetical question

so would you go give a hospital/ hotel well any large job or well i guess any small job... lets say they just had new commercial carpet laid would you give them a bid to enap this know this would void the warranty ? or would it void it ? ...
Encap is not going to void any warranties.

Shaw has their own encap sauce and they recommend encap in their commercial maintenance guide.

Tandus has their own encap sauce and they recommend encap for commercial maintenance.

And many of the other mills use and recommend encap too.
the gal i spoke to at Hruby today said the Orbot is CRI approved.

have you heard anything about that Rick? i hope it is true, it's great for us VLM'ers Smile
maybe its the rotary machines that i am thinking about ? do they void a warranty ?
Most of the mills are opposed to rotary machines. I have not heard any news about the Orbot being CRI approved (that may be an over-statement). And as for the Cimex we sent one to Professional Testing Laboratory in Dalton (the lab used by the mills and the CRI) and the Cimex passed. Cimex Test Results
so does that mean the cimex will not void the warranty Rick? ... i just wanna know before i ever clean 6 month old carpet
You would have to read their warranty to see what it says. However the PTL test proves that the Cimex will not damage carpet.
Thanks Rick .. i just like to be as educated as possible about such matters... thanks
My take on warranties is if there is a problem with the carpet after it is made it is the fault of the installer or the cleaner. I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing that doesn't void a warranty is if it's never stepped on!!!!!

PS

I hate myself when I get this sin a cal. Not
It is always a good idea to be aware of the warranty to avoid any confusion or possible litigation, The Trinity is trying to get CRI approval as after a meeting with Shaw industries They had told them that if CRI passed them, Shaw would as well.

Rick can you confirm that CRI approval comes with a steep financial charge? I understand the cost is thousands of dollars for their approval.
Slotools, I agree with your comment but as an old guy I've had one,1, numero uno client even inquire about if I use an ok with Shaw or Mohawk system. He proceeded to tell me what I was going to use as far tools and chem's and the last I saw he was watching me walk to the van. Anal is fine super anal is just a waste of time. Could I be sued I suppose I could but I could also get hit with $hit from a flying pig and I personally am not worried about that either. I still say that user era is the biggest problem with most systems.

PS
I've been using the Cimex for 3yrs Trinty for 1+ and haven't used the TM for over a year except for tile. I am a very happy man.Wink
I have and have had federal and state contracts, and warranty is often discussed, and the equipment that will be used. I just reviewed warranty as per request on new carpet tiles installed at a Gov't office.
Don't have to worry about me working for the state of Il. They are I believe 9 billliion $ behind in payments to there contractors. Be glad you're not here. Have a great week.
Yeah the state of California is writing checks the Grand kids taxes will not pay off.