• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Else Slammed With Work?
This is my first break this week, All my calls are emergency Cleans before Easter-
Anyone else with heavy residential work?
It's starting to pick up but it's still cold in this area (central Illinois). As soon as the weather breaks we will be off and running. Two more good years and I think I will retire to HHI, SC. Maybe I will go visit Rick and the gang at Excellent Supply then!! Cool
slow here in the suburbs of Chicago
Got home at 430pm - gotta do one more today- tomorrow- forgetaboutit! been having to refer calls to another cleaner for a piece of the pie- works out great because both cleaners win. Did a big house today where the man just had surgery, encapped the whole place- 3000 sq- turned out great. they had a large orange stain, CCS has a red product I used, and it really turned out great- did not totally go away but was effective. 2 other cleaners before me cleaned that area and did not try to remove spot, this is a good way to pick up extra income with spot removal. Always best when it disappears, but effort is important too.
Still slow here in north central Illinois but picking up. Unfortunately both of my businesses have pretty much the same slow season. I recently joined my dads auto repair business after 25 years working in dealerships.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Residential is quieter than a churchmouse.

Commercial is going great.

Leather is consistent.

Nearly every janitorial biz here has an extractor and no knowledge.

I think we have more carpet cleaners per head of population than anywhere else in Australia.

Just put the first signs on my van after 3.5 years, but still no ads in smellow yellow or white pages.

Time to start and get serious again.
Yellow Pages never worked for me- always got the "after hours" calls and the lady all stressed because her animal just defecated on the new rug, and she needs me now or never call.

My strategy has always been working the referrals and never leave a residential job without handing cards, asking for them to tell a friend and possibly even talking with the neighbors. My last job is still my best advertizing.
We were busy before March 25th but things have slowed down a bit. I'm not sure if it is because Easter or we moved down a few on our search rankings. Alot of our business comes from google.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I am still too busy to post much lately, mostly referrals and spring cleaning residentials.