• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pad capping and scotchgard
For those of you doing residential "pad capping" are you using any post treatment protectors like scotchgard? I wonder how it would interact with an encap product?
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
When I know that I am going to post treat with protector, I make sure that I am extra thorough with my padding. In other words, I absorb all of the pre spray that I can as opposed to relying more on the encapping properties of the pre spray being left in the carpet.
Mike, if you use Releasit DS2, you won't have to worry about a further application of Scotchgard, as this product already has a fluoro-protector in it.

"Contains SOILEZE Fluoro-Protector:
There are four benefits to incorporating a Fluoro-chemical...
1) It helps the encapsulating crystal release more easily from the fiber.
2) It also lowers the surface tension of the detergent and thereby increases wetting and cleaning ability.
3) It provides great anti-wicking properties.
4) It will leave the carpet more soil resistant. "

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Releasit..._p_58.html

Hope this helps.

Shorty.
Yes, that is a big selling point. No extra charge for protector.
Ok I guess I forgot about the soileze in DS2. Thanks for the input.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
i apply protectant after i've extracted the soil and encap prespray into the cotton blend pads.

i charge 25%-50% of the CC'ing price for protectant, depending on the job.
I just started to apply soileze to all my jobs in all traffic lanes if I'm not using ds2. I include in price and don't have a long discussion about it. I believe customers will see the benefits and give more referrals. I would rather put money into product and my customers than advertising on a large scale. Those of you who use ds2 already know it has a slow resolution factor. Jmo