• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAVIN' A BLAST W/ OP
Ok today 3 houses, first one was a fancy commercial grade brown carpet - and traffic areas were Black! older upscale house- I used HWE with a Hoss scrubber and then the trinity CM w/ ds2- a knockout job, customer said the last HWE cleaning did not get the traffic areas clean. The OP made the difference, a BIG difference.
Next up a large single story white carpet with pattern, same here - HWE/ Hoss combo - OP and DS2- also cleaned all their rugs using hydrox and another rug cleaner I use for problem rugs. Just spectacular results.

next was a 3 bedroom home with newer but SOILED carpet- no electricity was available so I used Hydrox w/HWE- another win!!

Tomorrow (Saturday) I Have a 4000 plus sqft home and has sculptured berber. Will most likely post pics.

OP is a blast, I have a Trinity and absolutely love how this tool makes me money, I do not like taking it up stairs and will be purchasing a Profit OP after the planned redesign with bigger wheels for just that purpose.
nice. i give you credit, idk anyone else that could be learning a new method with multiple new equipment and clean that many sq.ft.... bravo. Smile
I have been cleaning for over 30 yrs, had a couple other business starts along the way- one I am still engaged with, and also was a Smooth Jazz guitarist for many years and would get on a plane on Thursday nights and home by Monday to start cleaning work again. Cleaning has always been bread and butter, when Napster came around, around 2001-2002, music business changed and most career muscians had to tour with 2-3 other acts or solo artists to make it pay and draw a profitable crowd. The 2 smooth Jazz stations we once had in Sacramento Ca are long gone as well.
I still play at wineries and country clubs on the weekends, it is fun but not like it used to be.
Believe it or not I really do enjoy cleaning after all this time and always enjoy a day when a flurry of great carpet bookings come in. I really do not advertise, referrals and repeats are my prime source of work.

doing 3 houses in a day is pretty standard currently- I do have helpers on bigger jobs and commercial work. I believe OP is fundamentally easy, I do enjoy the TRS webcast group twice a week and pro cleaners 4 times a week as well. I do not frequent the other forums as there is too much dissension and not enough inspiration.
and getting new equipment helps make for more enjoyable cleaning to, i think you agree. i love getting new toys, especially when they give us better results than we'd ever imagined in the 1st place Big Grin

i agree about most of the other forums in that aspect to. but there are still nuggets of great info to be found at those forums, you just have to sift through spam to find them lol.
Actually, it sounds like you're pretty much HWE (not that there is anything wrong with that). The OP is really a pre or post bonnet/agitation step that you've added.

I agree with Derek, you're covering a lot of ground working solo and using two rotary tools (HOSS and Trinity).
that is the beauty of it- they are just tools, why just do one thing when you can do it all??

I do a good degree of encap when I can get away with it or on commercial.
(04-05-2013, 08:54 PM)SLOTOOLS Wrote: Ok today 3 houses, first one was a fancy commercial grade brown carpet - and traffic areas were Black! older upscale house- I used HWE with a Hoss scrubber and then the trinity CM w/ ds2- a knockout job, customer said the last HWE cleaning did not get the traffic areas clean. The OP made the difference, a BIG difference.
Next up a large single story white carpet with pattern, same here - HWE/ Hoss combo - OP and DS2- also cleaned all their rugs using hydrox and another rug cleaner I use for problem rugs. Just spectacular results.

next was a 3 bedroom home with newer but SOILED carpet- no electricity was available so I used Hydrox w/HWE- another win!!

Tomorrow (Saturday) I Have a 4000 plus sqft home and has sculptured berber. Will most likely post pics.

OP is a blast, I have a Trinity and absolutely love how this tool makes me money, I do not like taking it up stairs and will be purchasing a Profit OP after the planned redesign with bigger wheels for just that purpose.

Note on purchasing a profit OP, not sure what that is, but you may consider getting a Challenger for upstairs or just convenience in residential op. I have an Orbot and Challenger, the Orbot rarely makes it to a residential job, it's just so much easier grabbing the challenger, most people can pick it up pretty easily, apartments 3 stories up, no problem, not always fun, but never a problem. The Orbot is a great machine but I can't pick it up and maneuver through houses like the Challenger.
the Profit is a lighter OP and is being redesigned further with a few changes and big wheels- that and a stepson will be soon on the map for me- good thing is I need the tax deductions.

note on the Trinity- yes it is heavy but it is a cleaning beast that I am truly blown away by. The glad pads by CCS are awesome as well- they have been on order for months but will be getting them in soon.
Challenger is the only OP machine I have owned or used for that matter so I can't speak about any others, but after using a VonSchrader LMX in the beginning and then switching to a mytee portable extractor on residential, the Challenger is so light, simple and nimble zipping around in a home and SO effective with good chems and pads - whether it be cotton, glad pads, microbeasts...that I have no desire to switch.
The only thing I will change is the addition of a Cimex when the level of larger commercial accounts increases enough to warrant it.
As of yet I have been able to get it all done efficiently with what I have. Modified Challenger, CRB, small extractor and Electrolux commercial upright.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I have heard nothing but great things regarding the Challenger-very cool Mike B!
the Tri looks very promising. if it is all they say it is, i'll consider it in a year or 3 after hearing more feedback about it. for now i'm good with the Orbot and Challenger for resi clients.

Slo, what changes are in the works for the Profit?
Derek, you should check CCS webcasts Monday and Wednesday night- the Trinity followers meet and plot to take over the world with the Trinity units, I must say there is some real talent, great movies of jobs and advise to be gleaned there, as well as questions are answered immediately with the chat area. Not to take anything from the Orbot as I wanted to purchase one but could not buy through rick as I am on the west coast and have to go through different distribution.

The confirmed changes to the Profit include bigger wheels, and rumor of a different and more stable frame for smoother operation, and possibly a new encap spray system.

Their glad pads are amazing and will be back in stock in a couple weeks.
(04-07-2013, 09:23 PM)MikeB Wrote: Challenger is the only OP machine I have owned or used for that matter so I can't speak about any others, but after using a VonSchrader LMX in the beginning and then switching to a mytee portable extractor on residential, the Challenger is so light, simple and nimble zipping around in a home and SO effective with good chems and pads - whether it be cotton, glad pads, microbeasts...that I have no desire to switch.
The only thing I will change is the addition of a Cimex when the level of larger commercial accounts increases enough to warrant it.
As of yet I have been able to get it all done efficiently with what I have. Modified Challenger, CRB, small extractor and Electrolux commercial upright.

Are you using the 15'' 1/2 HP? I've been considering getting it, weighs 68 pounds. I have an orbot, but it's not always easy getting it upstairs. I'm mostly a TM guy, but offer LM cleaning. Would Challenger do better job than a 13'' rotary?
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
probably but i recommend the 3/4 HP model, not the 1/2 HP.