• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greasy restaurant carpet
What is my beast choice among the releasit line up? I'm thinking punch in the bad areas and DS 2 on the rest but would a bit of hydrox help in the heavy areas? And can I mix hydrox with punch?
I am bidding on 2 places that are each 2000 sq ft plus and I know they are getting them done bi-monthly or so, so I'd like to get the accounts. I frequent both places and can tell when they have been done (HWE guys doing them) always spotty and less than impressive looking. I'd like to be able to blow them away with a demo.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Punch imo. Me and a buddy did an assisted living center, and their carpeted dining room (horrible idea) was as greasy as you'll find. Straight Punch worked the best.
Thanks Judd. I think Punch and biege fiber pads is what I'll go with.
Mike Becker
please let us know how it goes Mike. idk if i have ever used Punch by itself in my Cimex.

or is this for OP with wet pads?
I hydrox with real hot water with cimex. Then I pad cap with bonnet to pick up excess grease. I believe I read hydrox plays best when used as stand alone..
Rob is right. The polymer in Encap-HydrOx is unique. The polymer is hydrogen peroxide stable, and it's also stable in an acid based formula. A typical encap polymer can't handle either of those extremes. Not to say you can't use Encap-HydrOx in conjunction with another product in a pinch, but it really is best to leave Encap-HydrOx in its own sandbox. Its report card says that it "doesn't play well with others".
On the greasy ones to get them in shape we usually use the Cimex with Encap-Clean DS and scrub it real well. Then go back and HWE the really bad areas, which sometimes can be the whole place, and then follow that up with more Cimex / DS combo. Also plenty of fans sense we are using so much water.
Thanks everyone. The main concern is whether or not I will need to extract after scrubbing and padding it up. These places are not extremely greasy so I'd say I will be alright. Haven't owned and extractor for a few years now since I've been doing mostly residential.
Mike Becker
This is where a Truck Port or SD might come in handy....

(04-08-2013, 10:03 AM)MikeB Wrote: Thanks everyone. The main concern is whether or not I will need to extract after scrubbing and padding it up. These places are not extremely greasy so I'd say I will be alright. Haven't owned and extractor for a few years now since I've been doing mostly residential.
in the videos on the Trinity site where super greasy restaurants are reduced to clean once again, they lightly prespray mist with anomaly- which is the tile and grout spray that CCS sells- the ratio of regular cleaning solution to follow is 6 oz. (ds2 equivalent) and 3 oz (punch equivalent) per gallon. Usually fiber pad followed by absorbing cotton. Results are spectacular.
(04-07-2013, 10:22 PM)Rob D Wrote: I hydrox with real hot water with cimex. Then I pad cap with bonnet to pick up excess grease. I believe I read hydrox plays best when used as stand alone..

Does Hydrox give you enough foam, for a Cimex? What dilutions are you using?
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
I have been using 8 oz per gallon as opposed to 10 oz like other recommendations - maybe psychological, but that rate seems the best overall from my perspective.
You guys got to be kidding a Greasy Restaurant
Pre scrub with the Cimex and extraction with a Truckmount with the water as hot as you can get it. Any other way you are kidding yourself and your client.
Detergent of your choice however a degreaser of some kind would be my choice.
(05-06-2013, 04:14 PM)DON ELDRED Wrote: You guys got to be kidding a Greasy Restaurant
Pre scrub with the Cimex and extraction with a Truckmount with the water as hot as you can get it. Any other way you are kidding yourself and your client.
Detergent of your choice however a degreaser of some kind would be my choice.

No, I'm not talking about using it on a restaurant. I would never even attempt to use LM on a restaurant. I use a TM and RX-20 for that. I'M about 90% HWE and 10% LM. I have a Orbot and Cimex, but rarely use them. Haven't developed the confidence yet to use them on anything but lightly soiled carpet. I was just wondering how Hydrox would work with a Cimex.

(05-06-2013, 03:59 PM)SLOTOOLS Wrote: I have been using 8 oz per gallon as opposed to 4-6 oz like other recommendations - maybe psychological, but that rate seems the best overall from my perspective.

It says 10 oz per. gallon of water on the label.
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
VLM can be done on some greasy spoons effectively. i recently did 2 repeats. the smaller more "diner" type restaurant i went back 2 weeks later for breakfast, not sure what to expect....looked fantastic!

years ago i did one that hadn't been CC'ed in a few years...the area coming out of the kitchen was rock-hard with grease build up. i barely budged it with VLM. just depends on the scenario. but it can and is done effectively with VLM...depending on how long they've abused it.