• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greasy restaurant carpet
Good to hear Derek!
It's pretty easy to see if a place has abused the carpet and let grease build up beyond the reach of a vlm cleaning. I don't mess with those and maybe wouldnt even if i was a TM guy. I'd rather stick with the ones who maintain regularly. Even if it means getting a portable with heat so I can offer a yearly "flush" in addition to monthly or quarterly vlm.
IMO if an encap juice is capable of loosening and encapsulating greasy dirt so that it can be removed / absorbed with srubbing microfiber pads and the rest falls down to the backing in a dry crystalized state for removal through subsequent vacuuming, then why not vlm?
If it works, it works. If it looks great, it looks great.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
George-you are correct 10 oz per on the instruction- I use less - I do not have many minerals in our water or other impurities that may effect ratio.

(05-06-2013, 04:46 PM)george8585 Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 04:14 PM)DON ELDRED Wrote: You guys got to be kidding a Greasy Restaurant
Pre scrub with the Cimex and extraction with a Truckmount with the water as hot as you can get it. Any other way you are kidding yourself and your client.
Detergent of your choice however a degreaser of some kind would be my choice.

No, I'm not talking about using it on a restaurant. I would never even attempt to use LM on a restaurant. I use a TM and RX-20 for that. I'M about 90% HWE and 10% LM. I have a Orbot and Cimex, but rarely use them. Haven't developed the confidence yet to use them on anything but lightly soiled carpet. I was just wondering how Hydrox would work with a Cimex.

(05-06-2013, 03:59 PM)SLOTOOLS Wrote: I have been using 8 oz per gallon as opposed to 10 oz like other recommendations - maybe psychological, but that rate seems the best overall from my perspective.

It says 10 oz per. gallon of water on the label.