• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone know the weight difference
Between the Challenger 15" and the Orbot? I've seen some posts that says the Challenger is good to take upstairs.

Thanks.
Challenger is around 65 lbs if I'm not mistaken. I pick it up and go up stairs without too much trouble. Not as easily as 10 years ago, but not bad. I don't know about the orbot but without the spray tank I wouldn't think it's much different. Challenger has a 3/8 inch steel motor base which I think is heavier than orbot but the motors are probably about the same weight.
Orbot is probably a bit more awkward to pick up and carry, but has those 10 inch wheels.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
On the Challenger website they say the weight is 113lbs for the 15". That must be a mistake. Did the price recently increase on the Orbot?
I think that is total shipping weight.
http://www.challengerop.com/system
Mike Becker
(04-14-2013, 08:12 PM)BGCD Wrote: Did the price recently increase on the Orbot?

Yes. Drastically.
Rick why did the price increase. And right when I am ready to buy an OP machine. That's my luck.
Don't know about the weight.

Don't know about the price.

But WHY, do you have to CARRY these machines upstairs when there is a perfectly good set of wheels available to do this sort of thing without busting your poofoo valve??

Fair dinkum, sometimes you people amaze me. ???

Short, old and lazy. :-)
wow this is like investing in gold. Buy an Orbot and the value goes up. I bought my orbot about 5 years ago. Only used it maybe 7 hours. 4 years ago It was upgraded spray tips, off/ on switch. sprayborg tanks, ect. I don't get a chance to use it it sits in the shop and collects dust.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.
(04-14-2013, 09:25 PM)BGCD Wrote: Rick why did the price increase. And right when I am ready to buy an OP machine. That's my luck.

For the life of me I can not explain or justify their sizable price increase.
If the Orbot is so expensive, what other options do we have through Excellent Supply?
I'm thinking that the Oreck Lowboy will fill a sweet spot in the OP line up. In fact we have ordered some in. They should be here by the first part of next week, or sooner.

Here's a stock image of the Lowboy.

[Image: lowboy.jpg]
Thanks Rick. You guys are the best supplier I've ever dealt with. And I'm just 20 miles north of Jon Don. You guys really take care of your customers.
I'm anxious to hear some reports on the lowboy. Looks like it's a great candidate for a wave tank!
Drill 1 hole in the deck for solution hose, bolt tank on, throw down a fiber pad and the rest is history.

I guess the folks at Orbot are thinking they can command a higher premium for having the coolest looking OP machine on the block. Perception is reality and the perception of most OP machines is not that great. No matter how great the OP system works,they just look like a floor polisher to most people, which is why I painted my Challenger blue and added a solution tank. At least it looks a little more impressive
(and encaps better) now. Not as cool as the Orbot by any means, but better anyway.
I don't think I'll be spending over 4k any time soon though, for ANY rotary machine with an eccentric flywheel attached to the motor no matter how cool it looks.
I think Rick is on the right track with the Oreck / Mercury Lowboy....not quite as much robot cool factor but when a guy can buy 3 or 4 for the cost of 1 orbot...
anyway, it is a good looking machine with a well known name that conveys quality so I think Rick and the team will do for this machine what they have done for Cimex.
Mike Becker