• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many here are VLM only ?
No T.M., no portable extractor. Pads, bonnets or encap only. Just curious.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Count me as one. Just spin bonnet until the Orbot came last week. Encap now as well.
Ed Elliott

me to.

used my last HWE machine in '08 on some resi upholstery and then sold it shortly thereafter.
I am using VLM more and more- prefer all the tools in the box currently, but could go VLM Commercial only very easy and not look back.
Low moisture here too. Orbot + Releaseit = Awesome
VLM only with the exception of a Mytee Lite spotter I use for upholstery - which I never like to do anyway....

With that said, I think I'll be adding an SD or similar soon for those once in a blue moon jobs where VLM just isn't enough.
All VLM here now! Like cleaningdude, I have an SD for the rare occasions I need a flush.

But, I always like a challenge with VLM!
Nearly all VLM.

Cimex, Sprayborg, GEM, Oreck, for carpet.

Makita & Cyclo for upholstery.

HOWEVER, like some of the others, I also have a small-ish spotter............

[Image: dukemini.jpg]

BlushBlushBlush

And a CRB............

[Image: Wizzard032_zpsf368250a.jpg]

There are just some situations that really need to be flushed and extracted I.M.O.

"Hang down yer hed Tom Dooley"
Cleaned 2 houses yesterday, just using HWE for tile, since it was out, cleaned the upholstery as well, Had to clean a soiled chaise w/ HWE and until I went over it again with Hydrox and a small oscillating unit,it did not look acceptable. We are lucky to have such great tools available.
I love love love vlm but i am still about 80% HWE...i would love to flip it...
Hey Cairnswun, how do you like your crb? I have seen a few of those for sale around here (different co. but same model) and am interested in what you think?

Thanks
If I had to rely on only one system it would not be a VLM method.
I much prefer to have all systems available and than make a decision as to which is best suited for the job on hand.
We all know there are pro's and con's to every method, but the one thing that is common when all else fails try HWE, so if it works for the impossible than in my estimation it works for all situations.
Don't forget that soil in southern states is a lot different than that in the great white north, and in other countries around the world.
One can be successful with VLM in some areas , while in other areas of the country it may not be the best way to go.
I could not be a one method cleaner, it is like only having one type of saw or screw driver. Sometimes it take a combination of methods to get the carpet or floor up to specs
(04-26-2013, 10:24 AM)Lefty724 Wrote: Hey Cairnswun, how do you like your crb? I have seen a few of those for sale around here (different co. but same model) and am interested in what you think?

Thanks

It has worked surprisingly well for me.

I bought it mainly for Flotex flooring, but have also used it well on T & G.

I don't use it all that much, but it is a good money earner when I do.

VERY easy to use, one finger control to maneuver.

The (extra cost), trolley is needed to move it from vehicle to job site, etc;

It simply hooks in under the unit on the end, and a velcro strap goes around the handle support, lay it back and away you go.

Dislike the side brush accessory, it throws solution forward & up onto walls, cabinets, etc;

So I use my small extractor & wand for this part which is generally never really soiled.

(Neither of my op/encap machines can get under these areas, sometimes one must find alternative solutions).

Hopper/waste tray is also too small.

Some have commented on plastic gears??

I've not had a problem with mine as yet.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the price and the $$$$ it's returned.

Smile
Thanks, have you tried it out on carpet yet? I was looking at the same exact machine used but wanted to use for carpet?