• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sparyborg AKA One Eyed Willy....
The right sprayer stopped spraying. Had to switch to the multi sprayer....

What's the easiest way to fix this?

Thanks!
Remove the nozzle and clean it out.

If one jet is blocked and the other has solution running freely, it indicates a blockage in that one jet or line.

Actually, remove both of them and give the lines a good flush-out.

Make sure there is nothing inside the jets as well before re-assembling.

Hope this helps.
what Shorty said.

if i can do it, i know you can Damon Tongue
My pressure-washer came with a thin wire with a loop on the end to clear the nozzle. I keep it with the Orbot in case of clogging. I think it should be standard equipment with the Sprayborg.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
A word of caution.

SOME Encap; & other solutions & products can build up in the spray jet when drying.

Poking a piece of wire into the orifice can also damage the very fine opening, thus allowing more solution to come out, and in a not so uniform pattern.

Probably not a great worry with the way the pads/bonnets disperse the product on the floor.

BUT, just something to be aware of.

Rolleyes
I have only had mine two weeks, but I run water through the lines at the end of each day. After I have flushed the lines, then I cut the water supply and spray until nothing else comes out.

Just me, but I am particular (maybe peculiar...) with my equipment.
Ed Elliott

Most cleaning solutions will eventually clog the tiny orifice of a spray nozzle if not flushed out after use. It's probably more likely with encap juice since it dries to a crystal state. The simple solution is to do like Ed says and make a habit of flushing each time.
Clean equipment is happy equipment. Smile
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I flush out my Multi Sprayer at the end of each working day like clockwork.

Thing is, I have two Orbots and I rarely use the one with the SprayBorg (Willy). Last time I used it I did flush it out though.

So, I take a wrench or whatever and remove the jets, rinse them out and then just put them back on?

Thanks for the help so far.
(04-30-2013, 02:13 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: I flush out my Multi Sprayer at the end of each working day like clockwork.

Thing is, I have two Orbots and I rarely use the one with the SprayBorg (Willy). Last time I used it I did flush it out though.

So, I take a wrench or whatever and remove the jets, rinse them out and then just put them back on?

Thanks for the help so far.

Yes pretty much D. I carry a small needle in my van visor that I use for jets and other things. Once you clean them take them and look up at the sun thru them to make sure you see some light...
Here's the technique that I have used through the years...

Flushing the unit with plain water at the end of each job helps to control build up. And on a regular basis I would also carefully thread a single thin strand of lamp wire into each spray jet nozzle to ream out the mineral/detergent/crud build up that naturally accumulates in the jet over time. And sometimes I would just replace the jet with a new jet to start all over again from scratch.
I have also started soaking the nozzles and screens on my pump up sprayers overnight in white vinegar to clean up calcium and hard water scale.
Eventually, like Rick said, a little wire action is needed though or toss and replace.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
There is also a spray jet screen/check valve behind each tip on the Hos Sprayborg that you may want to change out as a regular maintenance. The screen can clog up and the check valve can cause dripping after the pump is shut off.
Update....fixed!

Thanks, guys!

I took the sprayer head off, ran it under water and no water seemed to be coming out. So I took a threading needle and ran it through the sprayer hole.

Viola!

Water ran through it. Hooked it back up to the machine and it seems to be fine now. Does it matter what way the jet sits? In other words, the spray jet heat is not running parallel to the ground....if that makes sense.
(05-02-2013, 01:55 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Does it matter what way the jet sits?

As long as you're getting even coverage from the spray pattern - that's all that matters.
Anti-clogging trick ~ 2 zip-lock baggies with white vinegar and two rubber bands: place over nozzles when Sprayborg is not in use.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot