• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which chems are best for me?
Ok first a little info on what I clean. I am on the quest to simplify my chems.....

I mostly clean empty homes, vacatiom rentals, and apartments. I am 95% vlm and use an Orbot but have the ability to use a steamin demon for flushing.

I maybe do an occupied residential once to twice a week?

My question form you guys is, what chems would you guys use for everyday cleaning? Really bad apts? Lastly, occupied residential?
If you want to simplify big time, just switch to Punch and be done with it.

I like the idea, but even in my small business I've found I need to carry several things to fix different problems.
i agree with Judd but when you OP are you extracting with a wet cotton/blend pad or just scrubbing it in with a fiber pad and done?

if the latter then i'd use Hydrox. i think you'd get better results tho via extraction with cotton/blend pads and Punch.
(05-05-2013, 11:56 PM)Derek Wrote: i agree with Judd but when you OP are you extracting with a wet cotton/blend pad or just scrubbing it in with a fiber pad and done?

if the latter then i'd use Hydrox. i think you'd get better results tho via extraction with cotton/blend pads and Punch.

For residential I use mf pads with scrub strips, then if they are really bad I will follow with a glad or superzorb.

For commercial I use straight fiber plus pads and follow with mf's on the real bad areas.
Because of various posts here I have began using Punch more and more as stand alone cleaner and results have been really good. Utilize all Release-it products and am always happy with results. Do agree with JuddBowers though and I too carry several items to address different problems.
Encap-Punch is ideal for Bonnet/OP cleaning as well as for use as a Pre-Spray (like you'd use with your Steamin Demon). You'll have a CRI approved cleaner that performs very well. You'll have the added benefit of cleaning with an encap product. And it won't leave behind a residue that can attract more soil so the carpets will stay cleaner longer. If you're looking to streamline your OP/HWE operation, that'd be my recommendation.
Thanks guys. A few more questions? What kind of scent does Punch have? I have ds and hydrox to compare?

Also, if I come across a job where I need peroxide....could I boost punch with hydrox? Are all release it products compatible?
Encap-Punch has the same scent as Encap-Clean DS2. It has a fresh tea tree scent.

You wouldn't want to boost Encap-Punch with Encap-HydrOx. Encap-HydrOx has a very different chemistry - LOW pH, hydrogen peroxide, and even a different encap polymer.
(05-07-2013, 06:27 AM)encapman Wrote: Encap-Punch has the same scent as Encap-Clean DS2. It has a fresh tea tree scent.

You wouldn't want to boost Encap-Punch with Encap-HydrOx. Encap-HydrOx has a very different chemistry - LOW pH, hydrogen peroxide, and even a different encap polymer.

So if I came across a protein spot job, I would just use hydrox instead? Would that be my only option?
Yep. Encap-HydrOx is excellent for protein based soil. That's not to say that you couldn't do a great job cleaning protein based soil with Encap-Clean DS2 or Encap-Punch too. However Encap-HydrOx is designed for this type of soil and works perfectly on protein based soil.