• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you guys feel about the free demo
I think i have heard Rick say he is a big fan.. i am trying to do the free demo thing myself.. question though... what if you do the free demo and your not amazed... i know a lot of time, maybe even most of the time your are left with a WOW that looks great but now and then it does not.. so what do you say... do you say well i just can't do anything with this one....
I always offer a free demo to commercial clients. I never regret doing it. Most people are amazed at the pre-vac (seems most cleaners in my area don't...), and then the results are the clincher.

I also do a free demo to property managers with residential units. I just find you win more if you are confident in your process, and deliver good results.
Ed Elliott

leo to answer your question, from my experience out of all the demo's we've done the past 9 years i have had 2 that i wasn't happy with. 1 of them i apologized for wasting their time and moved on. can't honestly recall how the other one turned out.

so yea, all you can do is move on. that's the bene for them of a demo, to see if they like your services or not. if you are they don't like it, "well thanks for your time, good day sir."
Funny you bring this up after ten years of doing this I had it happen fri night. I did a bunch of upholstery at two locations (one company) and when I walked into the back area the carpet looked horrible big stains all over the place. So I offered to do a demo with every confidence that I'd murder them. I called the director at the other place and told her what I was doing, come to find out they had recently had the carpets done and then called them back because of the stains.
Well that's when I got some doubts. Well when I did them they didn't budge tried some different spotters, nothing. The spots had been there for years and had obviously been set into the carpet. told them " I got bad news I can't get then out and I don't think they'll come out. To bad cause the Director told me if they came out to just go a head and clean it and schedule the other location also. But I still got the account and after they replace the carpet I'll be doing it.