• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplex 420-Strong Dry-Brush Pro
The time has come to buy a CRB. Need some opinions from people that have run one or more of the machines above. I am leaning toward the Duplex 420. What I will be using it for is a pre scrub before HWE. Also I would like to use it on tile and hardwood. And a supplement to my Cimex for CGD.

Some questions about the 420.

What is the process for cleaning hardwood and what type of brush is best? Also solutions.

What is the process for cleaning tile and what type of brush is the best? Also solutions.

To protect the brush inside the house can it be tilted back with solution in the tank and recovery tank without spilling?

To protect the brush while in the van do you need the dolley?

I am not sold 100% on either one.

Thanks for the help.
Duplex 420 has wheels underneath that u can set to desired height. Such tile (low) comm carpet ( low) cut pile (med) frieze (high) the for travel put to off position on highest level.. The center catch bin is great for small particles and waste water but not fur. If its hwe pre scrub duplex good if crb Before op then maybe strong or brush pro... And I would go with excellent supply because they offer superior service in case a problem should arise
(05-15-2013, 06:13 PM)Rob D Wrote: Duplex 420 has wheels underneath that u can set to desired height. Such tile (low) comm carpet ( low) cut pile (med) frieze (high) the for travel put to off position on highest level.. The center catch bin is great for small particles and waste water but not fur. If its hwe pre scrub duplex good if crb Before op then maybe strong or brush pro... And I would go with excellent supply because they offer superior service in case a problem should arise

Rob for now it will only be pre scrub before HWE. And some commercial. If I did use an OP I would probably be doing a post vac. So still the fur balls shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else have any experience with both?
The Duplex is an excellent machine. And the genuine Austrian built CRB machines are excellent too. I recommend either. You won't be disappointed either way.

For the record - we are NOT selling the Strong Dry machines. Looked at 'em but we've decided to move in a different direction. We're now selling the authentic Austrian made CRB machines. The ones we're handling are manufactured by Carpet Cleaner Austria. And we will be getting them built for us under the Releasit Brush-Encap label. These are the TM4 15" and TM5 20" models. These CRB machines have been manufactured in Austria for many years. They're a quality machine imported by reputable people.
(05-15-2013, 09:25 PM)encapman Wrote: The Duplex is an excellent machine. And the genuine Austrian built CRB machines are excellent too. I recommend either. You won't be disappointed either way.

For the record - we are NOT selling the Strong Dry machines. Looked at 'em but we've decided to move in a different direction. We're now selling the authentic Austrian made CRB machines. The ones we're handling are manufactured by Carpet Cleaner Austria. And we will be getting them built for us under the Releasit Brush-Encap label. These are the TM4 15" and TM5 20" models. These CRB machines have been manufactured in Austria for many years. They're a quality machine imported by reputable people.

Sorry Rick I thought the one you sold was the Strong Dry.

Will the Duplex run good on a plush frieze?
Yes you can work with a frieze. However any CRB machine may tug at a frieze a bit. Switching to the softer brushes will help with that. I would recommend keeping an eye on the carpet as you're working with it.

And there's no need to apologize. We had considered selling the Strong Dry brand. However we've decided to sell the original Austrian built machines rather than moving forward with Strong Dry.
Well I bought a Duplex from Rick today. We will see how well it works for what I am using it for.
Good choice!! This machine is more popular in Canada that's where I had feedback from
Congrats man, crb's rock.
Let us know how your duplex works out.
Thank you for ordering the Duplex from us! You will be impressed with this machine. It is solidly built and cleans very well. Let us know how you're liking it.
I will. Can't wait to get it. Thanks guys for helping me make the decision.
Rick, how would you compare the duplex vs the brush n clean or the strong dry?
It's a Ford / Chevy thing. Both have inherent strengths. I like 'em both.
Rick does Odorcide mix well with all three of the encaps? DS,HydroX, and Punch?
If it does I'm thinking pre scrub, pre spray, and deodorize all in one. Also mixing each of the three encaps in the Duplex. What is the correct mixing ratio?

Thanks