• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van Lettering ( wrap or not to wrap)
question do you think simple is better ... nice letting
Name of business
clear indication on what your business does
Phone number
face book logo

or full wrap and lots of info

I am leaning toward simple I think you have to keep in mind that its not a contest to see who has the most awesome looking van, its to be a professionalism looking and make sure they know what you do and how to contact you
If you can swing the extra cost, a wrap can look really nice.
I like simple, bold, and easy to remember. Too much information squeezed in with small lettering is hard to pick out what type of work, and how to contact.

I just signed a contract two weeks ago with a property management group that has 1100 rental units. The owner said he saw my truck, and called me as a direct result. He told me my van advertising has paid off!
Ed Elliott

I'm struggling with the same issue!

Will be going on this:

[Image: 2013-05-13162004_zps455c875c.jpg]
If you're lettering an obvious commercial vehicle, like a cargo van, I think a well done job of letters is sufficient. If you're putting it on a bit more of a typical passenger vehicle, I think a wrap is the way to go.

If money isn't much of issue, a nice wrap is the best thing going right now.
They both look cool!
They both look good.
The wrap looks GREAT.
I only have the URL with the corporate name initials capitalized:

[Image: Hoss-Van.jpg]

I am trying to create name brand recognition for my franchise first, followed by familiarity with services. I want my brand to simply be associated with quality work and excellent customer service no matter what service is being provided. The services we will provide continue to expand, so listing only current services would limit future flexibility. I always do in person estimates and only bring a work van to a job site when doing a demo or the actual job.

I am thinking about adding a QR code so that people with their smart phones who want to know more could simply scan the side of a van and find out what is offered. The way people are looking for information is continuing to change, so sometimes less is more. I do like the wrapped graphics though - they can offer a very nice, professional effect.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
If you don't mind me asking, what's the price difference on the 2 options you are showing there? I really like the wrap, but the lettering looks great too.
I'm trying to decide as well. I think a nice wrap gives a very professional image and possibly a slightly more committed perception??
In either case, I like simplicity. Not to busy. It can be info overload.
I had a QR code created online and ordered decals of it. They will go on my vehicle as well. I think it will be wasted on some people, but as it gets more popular, it will get some leads to the website if only to check out how it works.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Without the partial wrap it would be around $900.00....

With the partial wrap it would be around $1500.00....

I like the partial wrap best of course, but I was advised by the shop that the typical wrap in exposed Vegas sun and heat is about 2 - 3 years. Maybe longer, but that is the exception.

So, not sure if investing so much in something (partial wrap) that might only be short term is worth it?

(05-23-2013, 01:31 PM)MikeB Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what's the price difference on the 2 options you are showing there? I really like the wrap, but the lettering looks great too.
I'm trying to decide as well. I think a nice wrap gives a very professional image and possibly a slightly more committed perception??
In either case, I like simplicity. Not to busy. It can be info overload.
I had a QR code created online and ordered decals of it. They will go on my vehicle as well. I think it will be wasted on some people, but as it gets more popular, it will get some leads to the website if only to check out how it works.
(05-22-2013, 11:08 PM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: I'm struggling with the same issue!

Will be going on this:

[Image: 2013-05-13162004_zps455c875c.jpg]

Both are nice. The first one is better in my opinion because your contact info is more prominent and easy to find. From the mock-up, any yellow text will need to be outlined in a contrasting color to be legible at a distance.
Barrett Wiley
Cleaning Concierge

Commercial Cleaning New Orleans
504-377-7862
Info@mycleaningconcierge.com

I have noticed that one of my competitors who uses a newer white cargo van has nice magnetic signs that are also white, except for the letters and logo. I saw his van several times a week for months and had no idea they were signs and not a wrap.

One day I saw him driving the van without signs and I started wondering so the next time I saw him parked I pulled up to his vehicle and actually had to get out of my ride to be sure he had magnetic signs.

It makes me reconsider the cost or a wrap versus really well-done magnet signs the can be replaced easily and inexpensively when damaged.
I was going to do a wrap until I got a price. Then the vinyl guy told me that about every 3-5 years you will need to redo the wrap. It was three times the cost then my vinyl lettered vehicles.

[Image: 017.jpg]

[Image: transitconnect085_zpsb7b5919f.jpg]
How hard is it to scan a QR Code on a Van while driving down the road?
How much easier for the prospect is it to have a phone # on the van for a prospect to use. One of the top rules of marketing make it easy for a potential prospect to do business with you, never make them jump through hoops.