• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microban & Residential Carpet Cleaning
From time to time I'll clean a place that is a total stink fest.

Generally, whatever encap I am using will take care of it ok. Other times I need something stronger. A fellow cleaner recommended Fresh Wave IAQ (Jon Don). I'ts pretty good and will get rid of a lot of odor.

However, I am thinking that Microban is a product I should be carrying. From my understanding it's much stronger and longer lasting.

I know there are a few Microban products sold here. I'm assuming some are deodorizers while others actually kill bacteria, etc.?

Does Microban have any negative effect on encap? Is the odor overwhelming? Is it safe around pets, children, etc.?

Finally, do you apply it after encapping or does it need to extracted?

Thanks!
Microban will kill more than odor and bacteria, it'll also kill the encap's polymerization.

We recommend and sell Odorcide instead because it is highly effective on odors and it's completely compatible with the encap polymer. In fact you can mix it right in your solution tank with Releasit.
Thanks, Rick.

I actually meant Odorcide, not Microban.

Does Odorcide also offer bacteria killing solutions or is it strictly an odor control product?

(05-28-2013, 06:08 AM)encapman Wrote: Microban will kill more than odor and bacteria, it'll also kill the encap's polymerization.

We recommend and sell Odorcide instead because it is highly effective on odors and it's completely compatible with the encap polymer. In fact you can mix it right in your solution tank with Releasit.
Odocrcide is strictly for odor control, and it does that very well. But if you really need an anti-microbial go with Microban. At that point the carpet is usually beyond warranty and beyond hope, so putting Microban on the carpet isn't going to make a hopeless situation worse.
If you need to use microban my guess is you should HWE the place.
I appreciate the original for its lingering aroma. The new fresh scent seems to disappear quickly, really quick.
Cleaner Carpet. Cleaner Planet.

If you value life
Do not squander time.
Time is the stuff life is made of.