• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubicle Farm
Yours truly enjoying some "quality time" with the Cimex...
[Image: cimex-office-job.jpg] [attachment=12]
What a great reminder why we've chosen the profession that we have. I can't imagine being stuck in that "Rabbit Warren" environment for 38 hours + every week. We get to visit for a couple of hours and then we are on our way again. Best of all we are our own boss.

Can't wait to get a Mex. I have Mex envy!!
Because I am somewhat shorter (in height), than "The Master", (even with my high heels on), I tend to lower the handle down to the next lower level.

It's just more comfortable for me.

Maybe I'm just getting lazy. Tongue

Jobs like the one that Rick has posted are a dream, BUT I did one on the week-end that was 90% open space.

It was a two hour job that had four cubicles on one large room with 6 chairs, another interview room with a table and three chairs and a boardroom with a long table and 8 chairs that the cleaner had already placed up on the table.

Parked undercover at the rear door, turned of the security, turned on the air con; & lights, and by the time I unloaded Big Yella, got her all juiced up and ready to go, the building was nice & cool.

Two hours was from when I arrived until when I drove away, Whoo-Hoo.Cool

Jeez I love this work.

Shorty.

PS::: Jamie, follow what the guys here tell you, and you can't go wrong, (the only exception is me Big Grin).
Shorty the handle being lower is where I'd put it also , but I wonder if that is not from pushing a rotary around for so many years

David
You guys are sharp to notice that. See that's the problem with having stumps for legs. As a short fella, I like to find a compromise with the Cimex.

True, if it were a rotary machine, I'd definitely have the handle lower. But with the Cimex, it's not really a big factor. And having it set where it is, I can fill the tank without adjusting the handle. If it were a notch lower, I'd have to raise the handle each time I filled the tank. Positioned where it is in this photo makes it possible for me to dump a bucket of fresh Releasit into the machine without messing with the the handle, and then I'm off and running again. On a larger job like this it makes it easier to do rapid refills.

BTW I cleaned 15,000 sq ft just inside of 4 hours, so I was running the Cimex at a rate of 3750 sq ft per hour (but I had a person pre-vaccing and also bringing me buckets of water - so that production rate was just straight Cimex time).
Just like mowing the lawn, eh Rick.
LOL Yeah pretty much the same.
I've used Op machines for the last twelve years so this is all new for me. What do you do for each of those cubicles? As far as triggering the solution I mean. I can just see myself soaking the heck out of the carpet in tight spaces.
My formula for cubicles...
In tight cubicles I just shove the nose of the machine into the cubicle. Normally, I let go of the valve on the way into the cubicle (there's still plenty of juice in the head of the machine). I'll scrub one pass like that - forward and backward. Then I'll slide the chair over onto the section I just scrubbed. And I'll repeat the process on the uncleaned section and under the desk. Each cubicle takes about 30 seconds (possibly less). And it doesn't get over-wetted at all.

P.S. I was just cleaning in this building again yesterday afternoon. It's a breeze to clean, and very profitable per hour Smile
welcome to the group Jeffery Big Grin
Jamie, you hit the nail on the head, I just quit my full time job after a month and a half. It was with a school system, pay was so so and the work sucked but not as much as the people I worked with. I was the night lead custodian, I would tell them what had to get done and they would either walk away or just flat out ignore me ( that is the one's that spoke English).
Wow. I didn't think Rick even cleaned carpet anymore! I kind of thought he just sat behind a real big desk and directed the Excellent Supply Empire. Kind of like the Emperor on Star Wars!
LOL I don't get to do as much as I used to. But I really LOVE carpet cleaning, and I like to keep my hand in it. So I still get out and still do a little. Gotta keep it real, otherwise how useful of a supplier would I be to you guys if I didn't have an honest clue what real carpet cleaning's all about.
Hey Rick, I've noticed the cimex has a newer design on the tank but I'm not sure what else. Is it any lighter?
I wish everyone who held a leadership position had your feelings Rick! The world would be a much better place!