• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important selling points
What do you feel are the most important selling points for commercial and residential. I like to focus on carpets that stay cleaner longer and no reocurring stains
Important Selling Point?

I think this one is paramount!

"Bubba DOESN'T work here!"

[Image: Bubba_Surly.jpg]

Make it absolutely clear that your company represents professionalism and quality service from start to finish. From the way your phones are answered, to your uniformed shirts, to your clean sharp looking truck, to your clean sharp looking equipment, to the way you greet the client, to the service provided, to your paperwork, and even your follow up. It all has to be PROFESSIONAL. Make it clear that you are not BUBBA.

No offense to anyone reading this who may actually be named Bubba Blush
Stays cleaner longer and the convenience of 1-2 hour dry times are what I focus on for residential
If the spot returns, so do we. And your facility remains secure during cleaning - all equipment brought inside As well as minimal disruption due to fast dry times for commercial.
Rick is absolutely right about professionalism being first and foremost though.
I must say though my feelings are a bit hurt since my dear grandmother's name was bubba AND she drove a rusty truck!
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
"I must say though my feelings are a bit hurt since my dear grandmother's name was bubba AND she drove a rusty truck!"

I hope she didn't look like Bubba Surly in the picture. Wink
(06-06-2013, 08:37 AM)encapman Wrote: "I must say though my feelings are a bit hurt since my dear grandmother's name was bubba AND she drove a rusty truck!"

I hope she didn't look like Bubba Surly in the picture. Wink

Nope. Not at all. Probably tougher than him though. Dodgy
Mike Becker
The best selling points are
TRUST and relationships

Why they can trust your company and how you build the relationship with prospective clients and how you maintain it with existing clients .

The actual cleaning process is second or third on the list with your prospect, You are a cleaning company it is expected you will do a good job it is how you put food on the table. Adapting to special client needs is more important
Could not agree with David Hebert more. Establishing trust and relationships are key to a profitable business. It's funny, but I find that the people that utilize our company find the We Care about performing a professional job, and we earn their trust. They are quick to refer us to friends, family and the like. It's like picking low hanging fruit.
(06-05-2013, 08:15 PM)encapman Wrote: Important Selling Point?

I think this one is paramount!

"Bubba DOESN'T work here!"

[Image: Bubba_Surly.jpg]

Make it absolutely clear that your company represents professionalism and quality service from start to finish. From the way your phones are answered, to your uniformed shirts, to your clean sharp looking truck, to your clean sharp looking equipment, to the way you greet the client, to the service provided, to your paperwork, and even your follow up. It all has to be PROFESSIONAL. Make it clear that you are not BUBBA.

No offense to anyone reading this who may actually be named Bubba Blush

I couldn't agree more! I wear khaki dress pants, a white, logoed polo, and brown dress shoes (Eccos, they look dressy, but they're more comfortable than my sneakers). I get comments all the time in public, "you don't look like a carpet cleaner."

Thanks!Big Grin

(06-07-2013, 06:27 PM)wecarecleaningservices Wrote: Could not agree with David Hebert more. Establishing trust and relationships are key to a profitable business. It's funny, but I find that the people that utilize our company find the We Care about performing a professional job, and we earn their trust. They are quick to refer us to friends, family and the like. It's like picking low hanging fruit.

Probably just semantics, but trust and relationships are certainly the key to profit. But it doesn't "sell" the business so to speak, it sells the repeat business.

I think the keys to selling are just like a key chain. It contains many keys, you just have to know what lock you are trying to open to know which key to try.
People do business with and refer business to those they know like and trust, now the question is how does one build the know you like you trust you feelings with everyone you meet?

Lets face it is it not who you know or who knows you, it is who knows you and who knows you and what you do with enough know you like you trust you feelings to give your company the job or referral when the opportunity presents it self
(06-11-2013, 05:13 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: People do business with and refer business to those they know like and trust, now the question is how does one build the know you like you trust you feelings with everyone you meet?

Lets face it is it not who you know or who knows you, it is who knows you and who knows you and what you do with enough know you like you trust you feelings to give your company the job or referral when the opportunity presents it self
Undecided had to read it 3 times but it get it nowBig Grin
Mike Becker
(06-11-2013, 07:20 PM)MikeB Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 05:13 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: People do business with and refer business to those they know like and trust, now the question is how does one build the know you like you trust you feelings with everyone you meet?

Undecided had to read it 3 times but it get it nowBig Grin

I'm slow. I'm still reading it.
sorry for the confusion

simple version

people need to know who you are
what you do for a living

Next they need to like you enough to refer your or your company

Next they need to trust that you are good enough in what you do to refer your company

Next they need trust that referring your company will not come back to bite them in the assets.

I'll add another thing, it needs to be easy, both to do business with and to refer you, people do not like jumping through hoops.
David, thanks for clarifying. I knew what you were getting at Its the same with any service business. People either choose the familiar (McDonald's, etc...) or folks they like and trust. If they don't know who to trust they will go with familiar huge companies because their marketing tells them to trust them and being so big means they're good right?
Mike Becker
ex. Stanley Steemer

Proof that reputation and referrals are just another piece of the profit pie. For the most part, their reputation is terrible. They nickel and dime people to death, use high pressure sales tactics, and really don't do that good of a job. But they make millions of dollars by mass advertising.

I just took some more work from Stanley recently. I cleaned a rental unit 2 days after Stanley as a demo. The owner was completely shocked that the carpet could get so much cleaner. Especially the spots that almost instantly disappeared that Stanley told him were permanent. He didn't want to hire Stanley, but he said its the first company he thought of. I wonder why?
It's top of mind for most people when it comes to carpet cleaning. Which is what marketing and branding is all about.
About half of of my customers are EX SSteemer customers. They all have stories to tell and zero happy endings.
Except the part where they called me. Smile
Mike Becker