• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot weight?
Does an Orbot weigh 82lbs with the sprayborg and no solution? Or is the 82lbs without the sprayborg?
I think it's 82 lbs. without the spray borg. I know it a lot lighter without it on. LOL! I took mine off.
Not sure of the weight, but the wheels take most of the weight issues away. I hated lugging my heavy, little wheels rotary up and down stairs all day. With my Sprayborg, I only lift in and out of the truck. I love the machine!
Ed Elliott

NJP I know from reading your posts you love your Orbot. But most people say the weight is a big factor in cleaning with it. So how do you get good results out of an Orbot without that additional weight?
Orbot has always cleaned well for us with out any additional weights, except T&G
We added weights doing commercial work just to see how it would do. Naturally on the nasty jobs is where it kicks in.

We just bought two 10 pound ankle weights for WalMart they go around the motor housing very nice.

Going to have metal weights make at a machine shop local to us
BGCD, I have extra weight on my machine. There the weights made for the machine. I have 2 plates on each side. It works well for me. JMO
(06-06-2013, 05:38 PM)BGCD Wrote: Does an Orbot weigh 82lbs with the sprayborg and no solution? Or is the 82lbs without the sprayborg?

Did you see the new lowboy with the wheel kit? You probably can get 2 for the price of Orbot. Lowboy has all aluminum housing same motor brand as cimex.. Just saying might be worth looking into I know you do alot of houses per day
I have had Orbot's with and without weights. I prefer without personally.

I do think the Orbot cleans better in 1 pass with the weights on, but the added weight gives it more of a chance to tip bloom, heavier to load/unload, and takes away from the looks.

These are just my opinions from personal experience.
I use 2 plates a side to extract with a microfiber bonnet. Otherwise, its just overkill on residential carpet imo.