• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing something?
(06-10-2013, 10:50 PM)MikeHabib Wrote: Can you use a Fiber Plus Pad on residential with a 175 ?

As a rule, we recommend the encap system only for commercial carpet. That being said, the FiberPlus pads are being used on residential carpet by many cleaners. The beige FiberPlus pads work great on all carpet types, aside from the absolute most delicate fiber constructions.
(06-10-2013, 04:24 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: If HWE is done properly, I can't see how its less time than VLM. Unless you're talking about the van that pulls in, plugs up, sucks up, and takes off.

I've done both, and when both are done properly, time difference is negligible from my experience.

I pre vac and pre spot. Prespray and dwell. (which is the time it takes me to get my Orbot out and running.) With the microbeasts, I'm padcapping in one step. I cover much more sq. ft. If needed I follow up with a microfiber pad for more extraction.

My time is spent chit chatting with the homeowner. Of course I'm just trying to make a living, not trying to make a fortune.

At the end of the day, all that matters is if the carpet is clean or not.

If your only using one pad and you don't post-vac , I agree it would be about the same amount of time.

In most cases, LM cleaning of residential carpet has more steps than HWE, that's why it takes longer.

I agree, at the end of the day, all that matters is if the carpet is clean.
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
(06-10-2013, 06:01 PM)Ed E Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 04:24 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: With the microbeasts, I'm padcapping in one step. I cover much more sq. ft. If needed I follow up with a microfiber pad for more extraction.

Judd-

So you do not follow up the microbeasts with a superzorb? I pretty much use the microbeasts exclusively anymore, but I always follow up with superzorbs on resi. I know they extract more dirt, because I see it in the superzorbs. It is always nice when you can streamline tho.....
Ed

I use superzorbs for commercial, but for residential I just use the blue microfiber after the microbeast if the soil load is heavy.
(06-10-2013, 09:16 PM)BGCD Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 04:24 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: If HWE is done properly, I can't see how its less time than VLM. Unless you're talking about the van that pulls in, plugs up, sucks up, and takes off.

I've done both, and when both are done properly, time difference is negligible from my experience.

I pre vac and pre spot. Prespray and dwell. (which is the time it takes me to get my Orbot out and running.) With the microbeasts, I'm padcapping in one step. I cover much more sq. ft. If needed I follow up with a microfiber pad for more extraction.

My time is spent chit chatting with the homeowner. Of course I'm just trying to make a living, not trying to make a fortune.

Judd do you just use your Orbot without the Sprayborg?

I leave the sprayborg on. Its never been the issue that others have mentioned. I prespray with my battery sprayer but keep a richer mixture in my sprayborg for trouble areas. That process saves me a bit of chemical since the vast majority of carpet isn't traveled much.

(06-11-2013, 07:32 AM)george8585 Wrote:

If your only using one pad and you don't post-vac , I agree it would be about the same amount of time.

In most cases, LM cleaning of residential carpet has more steps than HWE, that's why it takes longer.

I agree, at the end of the day, all that matters is if the carpet is clean.

I always post vac with my CRB + renevators. I still find the time difference to be negligible.

When I HWE though, I always double spray and double dry pass. Too many guys just pull the trigger and treat their wand like a paint gun. If carpet is "cleaned" in that manner, then it would always be faster.

Even if VLM takes longer, if dry carpet is included as part of the job, then VLM is hours faster.
I followed instruction give by Jeff on my residential cleaning (apartment).
And the result was great.
Below is the review from the customer.

"They did an absolutely excellent job. My carpet had multiple stains and by the time they were done , it looked almost new. They did my move out clean and my appartments was in better condition when I left than when I moved in, thanks to them. Their prices are reasonable and they have no hidden fees. Would hire them again in a blink."

Thank you Jeff and Excellent Supply!

I followed instruction give by Jeff on my residential cleaning (apartment).
And the result was great.
Below is the review from the customer.

"They did an absolutely excellent job. My carpet had multiple stains and by the time they were done , it looked almost new. They did my move out clean and my appartments was in better condition when I left than when I moved in, thanks to them. Their prices are reasonable and they have no hidden fees. Would hire them again in a blink."

Thank you Jeff and Excellent Supply!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Glad it worked out Smile
Jeff gave you great advice and I am glad that it's working for you now. I think it's possible that, in addition to Jeff's suggestions, your prespray may have been drying before it got agitated. The shower feed is better for encapping.
Using fiber plus a pad in residential place can be good because this product is good enough for these dusty places.
Goodbye Amy.
Amy was starting to grow on me.Big Grin
are these "people" a computer spam program or something? i see them on all of the forums. very strange.
Yeah it's a weird form of spam generator, most likely SEO related. I guess they try to redirect back to their site through their signature or something. They end up forming nonsensical statements that vaguely apply to the conversation (even worse than Derek's). Wink

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
1-800-330-1888
Encap Supplies: http://www.Excellent-Supply.com
Encap Message Board: http://www.EncapBoard.com
Encap Chemicals: http://www.Releasit.com
Well I will miss Amy and her spot on, insightful additions to the forum. Smile
She's just a girl/robot trying to make it in a man/robot world.
I haven't had coffee yet....
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
c'mon Rick, she made far more sense than me lol.
Actually you do pretty good. :-)

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
1-800-330-1888
Encap Supplies: http://www.Excellent-Supply.com
Encap Message Board: http://www.EncapBoard.com
Encap Chemicals: http://www.Releasit.com