• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing something?
I have been trying to clean residential carpet using DS, but the result was not that great. I hear many great stories here, So I am wondering if I am missing something. I have used Punch, Hydrox (this is very good for many stains), DS.
My 175 is 12" Oreck (which I prefer. I do have 19", but that's too heavy to carry around the house).

Is it because my 12" Oreck is too small or light weighed?

I usually add 8 oz of DS and prespray, wait and start. The result is no good, then spray Punch and try... still does not look that clean...

So I had to pull out hoses and turn my HWE with Slam from Jon-Don, and it looks really great.
I have orderd case of DS, Punch, Hydrox, and want to use it for residential cleaning.

Could someone tell me if I am missing something here with suggestion?
Or tell me your secret?
Thanks.

(I have not tried commercial carpet yet. I do lots of residential move in/out).
Thanks in advance!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I think your problem is your using the wrong machine, try using your 19" machine.
For best results on some really dirty carpets, vacuum, pre treat with punch and if you have a shower feed tank on your rotary use it to apply the DS using a fiber plus pad. If you don't have a bucket heater buy one put it in your tank and let the water heat up while you set up and vacuum do this before you add the DS to the water.
Shower feed the hot DS solution onto the carpet working the machine in a oval patteren the best you can, I like to work my way into a room then use a micro or cotton pad to work my way out, then groom.
I think the results you'll get will make the most picky customer happy.

Also if weight of the machine is a big issue you might consider the BrushEncap machine Rick sells.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Jeff nailed it. Excellent advice! Couldn't have said it better myself. Everything stated above is right on the money. Follow that advice and you'll see the results you've heard others talking about.

And if I or my staff can assist you in any way just shoot an email, or give us a call at the office and we can walk you through it.
Great!
I will follow your instruction.
Thank you!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
If your planning on doing mainly residential get the brush encap crb then pad cap after with your bonnet.. The crb scrubs the rug and pulls debris up better than any vacuum. The results are awesome.
You got good answers. Remember Call Ricks staff they will always help.
(06-09-2013, 10:22 PM)Rob D Wrote: If your planning on doing mainly residential get the brush encap crb then pad cap after with your bonnet.. The crb scrubs the rug and pulls debris up better than any vacuum. The results are awesome.

Rob are you using the CRB to pre vac. Or just using it after the pre vac?
(06-10-2013, 06:52 AM)BGCD Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 10:22 PM)Rob D Wrote: If your planning on doing mainly residential get the brush encap crb then pad cap after with your bonnet.. The crb scrubs the rug and pulls debris up better than any vacuum. The results are awesome.

On residential I prevac, prespray,crb, then depending on carpet etc pad cap, if I pad cap I go over again with crb to groom
(06-10-2013, 07:40 AM)Rob D Wrote:

On residential I prevac, prespray,crb, then depending on carpet etc pad cap, if I pad cap I go over again with crb to groom

Ok. That's a lot of steps. Which I'm sure makes for an excellent result. My problem is. We are doing 4-5 jobs a day per van. And need to try to simplify as much as possible but still turn out a good result.
(06-10-2013, 09:06 AM)BGCD Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 07:40 AM)Rob D Wrote:

Ok. That's a lot of steps. Which I'm sure makes for an excellent result. My problem is. We are doing 4-5 jobs a day per van. And need to try to simplify as much as possible but still turn out a good result.

LM takes forever to do a good job, on residential. I only due jobs that are lightly soiled with LM. A small 2 hour job with a TM will take 3 hours with LM, or longer. Doing the post vac, just drives me crazy, more time. But the post vac grooms the carpet and makes the job.
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
harim, hang in there and take the advice of experienced vlmers here and at Excellent Supply. I have never used a TM so I can't give apples to apples comparisons based on experience, nor do I want to get into which is better, but I'm sure VLM is slower in terms of actual cleaning time with all the steps required to do a great job. However the time savings with VLM comes AFTER the jobs are done for the day. When I'm finished, I wash a load of pads, change the vac bag and straighten up the contents of the truck.
I like the simplicity, and I really feel that with the right tools and chems and some experience, You can and will become comfortable and confident with it.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
If HWE is done properly, I can't see how its less time than VLM. Unless you're talking about the van that pulls in, plugs up, sucks up, and takes off.

I've done both, and when both are done properly, time difference is negligible from my experience.

I pre vac and pre spot. Prespray and dwell. (which is the time it takes me to get my Orbot out and running.) With the microbeasts, I'm padcapping in one step. I cover much more sq. ft. If needed I follow up with a microfiber pad for more extraction.

My time is spent chit chatting with the homeowner. Of course I'm just trying to make a living, not trying to make a fortune.

At the end of the day, all that matters is if the carpet is clean or not.
(06-10-2013, 04:24 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: With the microbeasts, I'm padcapping in one step. I cover much more sq. ft. If needed I follow up with a microfiber pad for more extraction.

Judd-

So you do not follow up the microbeasts with a superzorb? I pretty much use the microbeasts exclusively anymore, but I always follow up with superzorbs on resi. I know they extract more dirt, because I see it in the superzorbs. It is always nice when you can streamline tho.....
Ed
Ed Elliott

(06-10-2013, 04:24 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: If HWE is done properly, I can't see how its less time than VLM. Unless you're talking about the van that pulls in, plugs up, sucks up, and takes off.

I've done both, and when both are done properly, time difference is negligible from my experience.

I pre vac and pre spot. Prespray and dwell. (which is the time it takes me to get my Orbot out and running.) With the microbeasts, I'm padcapping in one step. I cover much more sq. ft. If needed I follow up with a microfiber pad for more extraction.

My time is spent chit chatting with the homeowner. Of course I'm just trying to make a living, not trying to make a fortune.

At the end of the day, all that matters is if the carpet is clean or not.

Judd do you just use your Orbot without the Sprayborg?
Can you use a Fiber Plus Pad on residential with a 175 ?