• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat urine removal suggestions?
I have a residential customer with "stringy" carpet that's about half an inch long. their cat decided the floor was a good place to take a leak when mama closed the litter box in the bathroom by mistake. customer went at the areas using baking soda, which somehow caused the stain to spread. one particular area behind a door, the cat hit multiple times.

my first mode of attack was my portable hwe spotter, with hydrox mixed at about 2 oz per gallon. sucked up a bunch, but there was still more. second go at it was with encap spotter. brushed in well, let it dwell, and started blotting with a white towel. after darn near turning 5 towels yellow (and with more suction to boot) there was still some coming up. Finally, sprayed hydrox from a sprayer mixed at 12 oz/gallon. scrubbed in, let dwell. STILL didn't get it all out! I told her that i was going to come back with something stronger to finish up, and left.

so, what are you guys using to get urine out of carpet? i saw some others mention using hydrox heavily mixed (50/50) and i prob need to pull out my full sized extractor. suggestions?
Cat urine is its own monster from my experience. The only urine stain I've found to be worse is human urine full of prescription drugs on carpet in an assisted living facility.

I immediately inform the customer of the perils of feline urine but promise to do my very best.

Hydrox works at times in the 50/50 ratio, saturated, dwelled, and extracted. I've also had success with CTI urine treatment.

Keep us posted on what you try.
Rinse treat with odorcide come back next day or so 50/50 hydrox
Odorcide works very well. Even better on dry carpet so you might need to spit it up into at least 2 visits and charge accordingly.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
(06-10-2013, 05:45 PM)MikeB Wrote: charge accordingly

If I charge extra, it is for red dye removal/re-dye and animal urine. If you have to make a second trip, you have to account for it. It is the customers problem, not yours....
Ed Elliott

We've owned a few cats. Here's the BEST product I've ever found. And it's not something from our industry. But man it works well!
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3399935&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo
I have seen that in the Petsmart stores and wondered how well it worked. Thanks Rick, good to know. I hate wasting money trying the millions of wonder products that don't work.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Thanks Rick, that's nice to know.
You can use distilled white vinegar and soak the area good & dwell time.
This also works. I have a customer that I told her to order it and she did & works.

http://scoe10x.com

There is another product but I can't list it here. I have used this product on dog and human urine. 100% results. Send e-mail if interested carpetclean2000@yahoo.com
Rick, are you using that product like an encap spotter or are you extracting after?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Needs to be extracted afterward.

Natures Miracle is what the name implies when it comes to cat urine, it's almost a miracle. It needs PLENTY of dwell time. I normally cover the stain after soaking the area and allow it to sit for several hours. If you were providing this service for a customer, you'd need to book two appointments and charge accordingly.