• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Boy SWK 19" OP Machine (is now online)
The Low Boy with the Swingarm & Wheel Kit conversion is now online. Smile

We've modified the Low Boy OP machine to operate with "wheels down".
Here's a link to the Low Boy with the new Swingarm & Wheel Kit Conversion:
Low Boy SWK 19" OP Machine

And here's a copy of the video showing the Low Boy with the SWK installed:

The Low Boy SWK package is priced at $1795. It includes the following:
  • 19" Low Boy SWK OP Machine
  • Swingarm Conversion
  • 10" Wheel Kit
  • Velcro pad driver (ideal for bonnet and pad cleaning)
  • 1 Free gallon of Encap-Punch
  • 1 Free 19" MicroBeast bonnet
  • FREE FREIGHT to any commercial address in the contiguous United States
I think it represents an awesome value compared to other OP machines on the market. It's a quality machine that performs on par with other "wheels down" OP machines. It's a very smooth and solid scrubbing unit. It's quality construction all the way with a polished cast aluminum deck and switch box and a 3/4 hp Leeson motor.
Sounds like a great deal to me. As an OP user for over 10 years, I can assure any OPers that haven't tried wheels on the floor....you will love it! And your back will thank you too!
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Holy crap, that is a awesome deal man!

Nice going Rick.
Where's the shower feed conversion? Big Grin

Nice machine Rick. Makes justifying another Orbot kinda difficult.
man that's a great price point. you'll sell a lot of these i bet!
Thanks Derek. Operators are standing by Wink

Judd, we are working on developing a spray system that can be mounted to any rotary or OP machine as an add-on. It's in the pipeline.
How much does this weigh? And can a weight kit be bought for this? How much weight can the head handle without bogging down or burning up the motor?
Thanks
  Reply   Purge Spammer
The machine weighs 80 pounds.

I don't have a conclusive answer about adding a weight, because it hasn't been tested yet. But I think that you should probably be able to add the 46 pound Koblenz weight without a problem with the motor. The Leeson motor is a strong motor. I think it may bog a bit if you were to use it on a cushy residential carpet with padding, but you really shouldn't need a weight for residential carpet. On a flat CGD caret, I think it should probably run OK though. We'll have to do some testing to find out for sure.
Hey i just got the lowboy with swingarm and wheels - it works really nice. Thanks Rick for your excellent customer service!

Question to anyone - cleaning residential should i be using some additional weight? WOuld this help it clean better? If so, how much weight? How can i tell if adding weight will give me a better clean?

Thanks!
Tom
additional weight = more Agitation = better results.

"should" you, well that depends on various factors. one being can your motor handle the extra weight without getting damaged?

i assume that Oreck & Ex Supply will not recommend it. it would probably come down to you testing it out for yourself, totally aware that if you do damage it, it's on you.

if you do try it, good idea to report back so that other LB owners can learn from you.
Glad to hear you're enjoying your new LowBoy with the SWK package. It really is a nice machine! It's a nice balance of a machine that performs well. As you become more familiar with it, I believe you'll find that it's a machine that can cover a lot of ground for you in various carpet cleaning settings.

Give it a try without added weight. I think you may find you'll be pleased with the results that the machine will deliver on its own merit. It has a good amount of head weight, and it scrubs very well. Give it a shot and let us know how it works out.
(07-21-2013, 08:41 PM)fantastic floors Wrote: Hey i just got the lowboy with swingarm and wheels - it works really nice. Thanks Rick for your excellent customer service!

Question to anyone - cleaning residential should i be using some additional weight? WOuld this help it clean better? If so, how much weight? How can i tell if adding weight will give me a better clean?

Thanks!
Tom

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new LowBoy with the SWK package. It really is a nice machine! It's a nice balance of a machine that performs well. As you become more familiar with it, I believe you'll find that it's a machine that can cover a lot of ground for you in various carpet cleaning settings.

Give it a try without added weight. I think you'll be pleased with the results that the machine will deliver on its own merit, without any need for additional weight. It has a good amount of head weight, and it scrubs very well. Give it a shot and let us know how it works out.
I don't see any need for additional weight. I have cleaned some nasty carpets with my lowboy with wheel kit and the carpets look awesome.. I was using tuway pads but switched to micro beast and I'm extremely satisfied along with my customers!!!!
Rob D. - are you having any problems with the micro beast falling off the pad driver?
No.. Actually they stay on great..are you pushing the machine forward at a fast pace? That might be able to create the bonett to fold over.