• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generators for rental units
How many of you have to use generators for rental units?

I have not needed my generator for 4 months, now this week 3 jobs. I sold my 7000 watt last fall. It was just to big but now I have a 3750 watt and my crb starts real slow then it spins just fine. It should be plenty for that 700 watt motor but just don't like using generator. Do you notice slow start up with your machines?
I don't do that many rentals but I have wondered about that situation coming up. Generac has a nice propane powered unit that would be good for that.
As far as slow start up, that's probably normal due to the initial current draw of a big motor. A generator doesn't have the same ability to keep up as quickly as a/c house current. I would just take as much load off the machine as possible during start up and you should be fine.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
We have a 8000 running watt generator, it went down last week anxiously awaiting replacement parts. We will be adding 10 or 12 running watts one for our other van soon, may not always need but it only takes once to needing and not having to make it worth while.
(06-15-2013, 06:25 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: We have a 8000 running watt generator, it went down last week anxiously awaiting replacement parts. We will be adding 10 or 12 running watts one for our other van soon, may not always need but it only takes once to needing and not having to make it worth while.

David

Do your machines have a slower start up when plugged to a generator..
Rob I have not had that problem unless we were running really close to the limits of the generator. I solved the problem by using both sides of the generator, meaning we also use the 220 side of the unit so it runs to full capacity this also makes the generator run smoother.. If I have to things plugged in one goes in the 110 outlet the other gets plugged into the 220 side that has a splitter plugged into it.