• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOS Micro vs. Cyclo
Information 
Hey guys. Are these two machines the same except for the handle attachment on the Micro? If they are the same, why is the Micro twice the price? I'm looking to purchase one of these for upholstery cleaning. If the HOS is worth the extra money, fine. I just don't see the difference in the two.
Yes they're essentially identical.
Why is the Micro more expensive?
Because it has the HOS label on it.
Good luck getting that kind of honest answer from other supply companies. Smile Or anywhere these days for that matter!
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
(06-15-2013, 01:28 PM)MikeB Wrote: Good luck getting that kind of honest answer from other supply companies. Smile Or anywhere these days for that matter!

That is exactly what I was thinking.
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
Thanks Rick!
Rick I would assume you won't be carrying the Micro anymore. Are you still going to be selling any parts or pads from HOS?

Where is the best place to buy a Cyclo?
(06-16-2013, 08:35 AM)BGCD Wrote: Rick I would assume you won't be carrying the Micro anymore. Are you still going to be selling any parts or pads from HOS?

Where is the best place to buy a Cyclo?

You can buy direct from the Cyclo web site. They are a great company. I had a Cyclo and sold it. Never had a call for it. Now I miss it and will be buying one again. They are well worth the money and now you can buy them with the carpet brushes. Before brushes were sold extra.

http://www.cyclotoolmakers.com/index1.php
I ordered mine here:

http://www.autogeek.net/cyclo-polisher.html
Thanks. Looks like Autogeek $299 with brushes. Which color brushes is best for carpet? The aqua or the next color up?
(06-16-2013, 11:18 AM)BGCD Wrote: Thanks. Looks like Autogeek $299 with brushes. Which color brushes is best for carpet? The aqua or the next color up?

Got mine from Ebay, new, at a great price. I have the variable speed Cyclo. I use the white brush for carpet and the grey brush for upholstery. I have the aqua but never used it.
The Superzorb micro pads, Excellent Supply sells them, are good for upholstery and commercial carpet steps.
For a Cleaner, Safer, and Healthier Indoor Environment
The Oreck Orbiter is a nice tool as well.
Those are cool! Whenever I don't want one, they are all over CL. Now that I want one, they are nowhere to be found?
Here are a couple of additional options that make a lot of sense too...

A $43 dollar alternative: Excellent Supply Drill Driver
And a $20 alternative: Excellent Supply Rota Drill Brush Attachment
I frequently use the Drill Driver with a Fiber Plus pad for working on spots, etc. It works great. The Rota Drill is very handy if I'm using encap cleaners on upholstery.