• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Did You Discover VLM?
About four years ago we cleaned a commercial building with CGC. We used the Vonschrader system. The night we left it looked good however, the next day I received that call and went out to look at it. It was ok, but not what I expected. I got on YouTube and saw a video from Xerion Solutions. Ordered their sample pack and went back and cleaned it with my 175/300. The results came out great. Now days, with residential, I'll use the LMX first and go back over it with a Encap cleaner. Always comes out great and dries in no time.
In this situation i think bonnet cleaning can sort this thing out. You just need to do that in a proper way.
10-11 years ago I was reading tons of hype about the Cimex Releasit combo. I read so much of it I just had to try it.

I asked the Cimex dealer to come out to a building I had been cleaning for 7 years and there was one stain on the 12th floor that would always wick back.

He came out with an older looking Cimex that had a broken part on it. The pads he had on it were at the end of their life. He put 1 gallon of hot water and 4 oz of juice and we cleaned that hallway.

I checked that floor every day for 3 weeks and the stain never came back.
On week 4 I became a Cimex / Releasit Dealer Smile

Thanks
Ken Jacobs
http://weteachcarpetcleaning.com/
I was looking into getting into another business on the side from what I am doing now. I can retire in 9 years (mandatory retirement in 16) and will still be only 50 or 57 if I went to the max.
I looked at a few small commercial buildings and looked at janitorial cleaning for them. (One business working for another business) Researching the cleaning of the carpets I came across the different methods. HWE was my first initial course of study. The thought of servicing pumps , motors, and heat exchangers did not pique my interest. I did enough maintenance of weapon systems in the military to last me a lifetime. I started looking into different forums for carpet cleaning. Encap forum really educated me. 5 months later and countless hours of studying of stain removals from rust to ink to red dyes. I now feel confident enough to start a cc business on the side. All the equipment, vehicle, business insurance will all add up.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Are you planning on offering carpet cleaning only or carpet cleaning and janitorial?

I ask this because in my area it's a big advantage to offer both.

(09-06-2013, 02:08 PM)Patrick Wrote: I was looking into getting into another business on the side from what I am doing now. I can retire in 9 years (mandatory retirement in 16) and will still be only 50 or 57 if I went to the max.
I looked at a few small commercial buildings and looked at janitorial cleaning for them. (One business working for another business) Researching the cleaning of the carpets I came across the different methods. HWE was my first initial course of study. The thought of servicing pumps , motors, and heat exchangers did not pique my interest. I did enough maintenance of weapon systems in the military to last me a lifetime. I started looking into different forums for carpet cleaning. Encap forum really educated me. 5 months later and countless hours of studying of stain removals from rust to ink to red dyes. I now feel confident enough to start a cc business on the side. All the equipment, vehicle, business insurance will all add up.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Just carpets. I looked at the janitorial part for the commercial property I wad looking into. One of my coworkers is getting into janitorial and is going to sub contract the carpets to me. The cc will be beneficial to me due to my work schedule.
We started in 1980 as a janitorial service primarily serving medical offices. We already had a rotary for stripping VCT, so we naturally began bonnet cleaning our accounts. Very fast, but not pleased with the final results. We were also using other carpet cleaners to clean for us, and the results were horrible! So we went into HWE- I figured we couldn't do WORSE than the other guys, and we might actually do BETTER!

So we eventually became primarily a truckmounted HWE firm, and were always pleased with the results. The only negative was busting out the portable due to long hose runs, etc. We began encapping maybe about 10 years ago. Really had to twist my wife's arm for the Cimex purchase ("you're going to spend HOW MUCH on a machine that doesn't really remove the dirt?!?") But, she's glad I won the discussion, and now we have 2 Cimexes. We're still primarily HWE, but use lower moisture where we can. Nice to have different methods in the arsenal.
According to my old passport, it was October 2004 (seems much longer than that), that I met Rick in Las Vegas & played with a Cimex for real.

Had tried one down under previously but there was no decent encap; product on the market then.

It was when I returned to Oz that I purchased my Big Yella from gary Bethel.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........