• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why the Kodiac cord vs regular cimex cord
i kinda like the small cord..i did pull the cord to tight and the ground prong broke off so i need a new cord, why should i buy the Kodiac cord vs just a new cimex cord... not sure i want the think cord ... so sell me on why i should by it vs the regular cord ?

Also how easy is it to replace... i know when i replace the one on the 175 its kinda of aggravating... your trying to hold everything in place while your screwing the panel back on...
The benefits of the Kodiak cord are it is thicker and has more insulation (14awg gauge vs the thinner 16 gauge factory cord) and will draw slightly less current as there is a little bit extra windings in it. In addition to that Sometimes because the factory cord is thinner and over time is constantly being pulled on and bent where it goes into the handle the windings inside the cord can break causing all kinds of issues with the motor. When guys are having slow running or high current draw issues with their machines, that is the first thing I tell them to check. Because the Kodiak cord is thicker you would be less likely to have those issues.
As far as how to put it on, the cord comes with a 3 prong wall end already on it and a new thicker more heavy duty cord restraint for the handle end. You simply have to separate the handle by taking off the 6 screws, make the opening where it goes into the handle slightly larger to accommodate the new cord restraint, strip the ends and make note of where the three wires were attached and connect.
Or.. You can call me here and I can walk you thru the install.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
good to know Rod.. i will call and odor the Kodiac Monday