• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vacant residential berber
I am in a college town, so I do alot of work for one of the large property management groups here. In their high end rental units, they often have sculpted berber (olefin). These units are usually not trashed out, and I have been using the MF beasts with a superzorb follow-up on my Orbot.

I am always thinking about productivity, and got to wonder: Is there any reason not to treat these units like CGD, and do a single wet pass dry pass with DS2 and a fiber pad? Seems like I would save some labor with this method. Any thoughts?
Ed Elliott

I would but I would use hydrox
For me, the micro beasts work better on Berber because they get into the contours better, they scrub well and also give you some absorption. Microbeast/Hydrox combo works awesome on light colored Berbers.

10 minute dwell with Hydrox, scrub as needed, with micro- scrub strip type pads, no need to follow up with anything else in most cases but I have followed with cotton blend pads on some if more extraction is needed.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Had a three level townhome with berber up and down. Got to experiment with the fiber pad, MF beasts, and the 'zorbs. Did use hydrox. The fiber pads worked great, and just seems to be a time saver. The beasts seemed to do well by themselves also. Used some 'zorbs in a few areas. It's all good!
Ed Elliott

Thanks for sharing your observations! Good stuff Ed.