• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone tried this?
A dirt napper on an OP machine? I hear about rotary machine users using one, but how about OP?
seems like it would really dig out some nasties in matted traffic areas on the filthy ones.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Hey Mike, how would you get it to fit on an OP. Isn't it designed to fit on a 175 only?
Mike,

I think there is a driver issue like Lee said.

Do you use an Orbot? If so, I wonder if the tile and grout brush could be used on carpet?
I don't know lee. The pics I've seen alway show a bonnet in the center so I wasn't sure how it attaches.
I have seen what they call an "encap brush" for the challenger. I will probably try that but before buying one, I wondered if anyone had tried any kind of brush on an OP machine.
I'm thinking the oscillation would cause quite a shake on the machine unless its a fairly soft brush. Just a thought.

Dude, my OP is a challenger with wheels on the floor.
I think a softish tile brush would work for some brief agitation on a really junked out carpet.
Mike Becker
I used a Dirt Napper a lifetime ago in the younger years of my cleaning business. Was not impressed at all. It wasn't good as a brush, and it wasn't good as a bonnet - lose/lose IMHO.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
Thanks for the input guys.
Mike Becker
I used the dirt napper some on my rotary, only on trashed berber. Like Rick states, I just don't think does a great job, and I have not missed it at all since switching to the Orbot and MF beasts.
Ed Elliott

Just saw this post. If you use it first to with your pre-spray then go back over it with a Bonnet pad, it works real well. Or like Rick said, use a brush first.
Same here. I have one and it works great when I use it. I also think the pad in the middle doesnt do much, so I always follow it with a loopy bonnet.

As just a brush, I think its great! It really digs up the crap before padding and/or hwe...