• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Fast!
no doubt that what Mike says is truth... i even find a plug in that is in a central location so i don;t have to change it as often... and there are a lot of little things you can do.. also i do think cleaning residential is faster with HWE... vacuum, spray, steam clean... or even tell the home owner on the phone .. vacuum before i get there, please have a parking space for me, and have all the little things picked up... badda boom, badda bing... i can clean 4 small areas in less than an hour...
One thing that may help you is to tell the home owner to post vac afterwards. I do this all the time and have never had anyone complain and they always call me back when they are ready to have their carpets cleaned again.
Mike and Rick are right on that was what I was trying to say, but not as eloquently as Mike.
On a side note I thought of this post last evening when I was doing my 12 Commercial bathrooms monthly cleaning. Previously, with a helper my best time was 7-8 hrs. Last night with a new helper 3 1/2 hrs! I was shocked, in the past I'd have to stop , empty porty, fill porty then continue to clean (it has auto fill and dump but in this environment a pita to use) taking a lot of time. This guy quickly learned to keep it filled, he never stood around just kept doing stuff. Allowing me to keep cleaning, except when we'd dump which he'd take the first 5 gals and dump it we'd drain the second and while he was carrying to dump I'm back cleaning. Huge improvement for the same results plus the fatigue factor. I felt like I hadn't even worked.
You might want to try just using the auto dump part, it might even save you even more time, having a helper sure does make life easier
Well, the time line I wrote out in the original post is everything to the 't'.

I'm thinking of skipping the post vac and either CRB to groom or a Grandi Groomer.

How do either of those compare to the post vac?
I rarely post vac simply because I do not see the value add (post-vac lines are esthetic only, in my view). However, I do run a rake on all cut pile. It stands the fiber up, helps drying time, and does look nice. A room can be done in a minute or two, so the cost to do it is insignificant.
Ed Elliott

Damon, Grandi groom instead of post vac cuts quite a bit of time. I do it that way unless I'm using cotton pads that leave fuz or if it is a really filthy carpet to begin with, I will post vac just to be sure that I'm pulling everything I possibly can up and out, even post CRB'ing and then vac on some.
On lightly soiled carpets (regular customers who aren't trashing it between cleaning every 10 years) I just pad with micro fiber/ scrub strip pads wrung out in HOT water and call it a day. I actually don't think in the case of well maintained carpet you are doing much by post vac'ing other than making pretty lines and spending more time.
Playing it by ear, I guess is the main theme here... Big Grin
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I post groom with a CRB. Its mostly for appearance, but it does get an amazing amount of debris up even after a very thorough pre-vac.

With a CRB, its really just as fast as you can move it since its a final step. I can knock an entire house out in 20 minutes.