• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got The BrushEncap Today....
Arrived on my doorstep around 3:30pm PST.

Have some questions for you CRB pros:

-Can I leave the renovators on at all times or do I actually need to switch between those and the dust covers?

-There is no power cord. What type and gauge cord do I need?

-Can I run this dry or does the carpet need a pre-spray first?

Thanks!
You can run it with or without the Renovators and you can also run it with or without the dust covers. They're not required.

Any heavy duty 14 gauge 50' cord extension cord will work fine.

Yes, you can run it dry. In fact with the Renovators, you can use the BrushEncap machine like a Pile Lifter.

Feel free to email me directly over the holiday weekend if you need any assistance
rick @ excellent-supply.com

Enjoy your new machine!
What size did you go with?

How are you planning to use it?

I'm debating getting one myself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
nice, congrats on the new toy!

forget gadgets, i like getting new work toys way better Cool

one thing i notice with my CRB is that it does bring up dust. any rays of sun coming thru a window and you can see all the dust.
Damon I use splash guards when scrubbing in cleaning compound then install renovators to pick it back up.. When I use it to prescrub prespray I use renovator on back and splash gaurd on front that way I can get close to walls and furniture while still picking up debris.
Joey,

I plan on using it as a stand alone commercial tool (when applicable). In addition, I'll use it as a stand alone resi tool for move outs (light soiling) and as a pre-scrub tool for tough jobs (both commercial and resi).

Saw your post earlier regarding your decision on what machine to get. Personally, I own two Orbots, the BrushEncap and in a couple of days a Tsunami (Steamin' Demon). I'll get a Cimex (unless the CRB is just so over the top that I don't need one, we'll see....) next and after that a mid performance porty. Then I will be complete, lol.

I bought the Orbots used and saved a lot of money. The Orbot has gone up significantly in price this year. It's a great machine and versatile, but expensive.

If you're doing mostly - if not entirely - carpet than I would suggest this:

Oreck Lowboy with wheel kit along with a CRB.

You'll get two top tier machines and be able to take on most anything. The price of these two machines combined is less than an Orbot, Trinity or one of the high performance porties out there.

Consider it a two for one package.

Just my two cents. Let us know what you settle with.

(07-03-2013, 10:48 PM)joey895 Wrote: What size did you go with?

Thanks, Rob.

What compound do you use? Might like to experiment it.

Let me know if you have time to talk within the next few days.
(07-03-2013, 11:17 PM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Joey,

I plan on using it as a stand alone commercial tool (when applicable). In addition, I'll use it as a stand alone resi tool for move outs (light soiling) and as a pre-scrub tool for tough jobs (both commercial and resi).

Saw your post earlier regarding your decision on what machine to get. Personally, I own two Orbots, the BrushEncap and in a couple of days a Tsunami (Steamin' Demon). I'll get a Cimex (unless the CRB is just so over the top that I don't need one, we'll see....) next and after that a mid performance porty. Then I will be complete, lol.

I bought the Orbots used and saved a lot of money. The Orbot has gone up significantly in price this year. It's a great machine and versatile, but expensive.

You'll get two top tier machines and be able to take on most anything. The price of these two machines combined is less than an Orbot, Trinity or one of the high performance porties out there.

Thanks, Rob.

Thanks for the input. I guess what's holding me back on the Low Boy/CRB combo is my lack of confidence in the crb for stand alone encap cleaning and I would like to have at least one option with on board solution be it gravity fed or a sprayer, I think that would save a lot of time on bigger commercial jobs.

That combo would be a nice complement to my truck mount for residential cleaning no doubt and maybe replace my portable for high rises but right now the main area I'm looking to expand into is commercial, hence my wanting on board solution.

If I go the low boy/crb route I'll only be able to buy one at a time which would you anticipate to be better for commercial.

I think the shower feed is better than the on board sprayer.

Start with the Oreck Lowboy with wheel down kit. That would be a great tool to get things going.

(07-04-2013, 12:12 AM)joey895 Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 11:17 PM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Joey,

Thanks, Rob.

Thanks for the input. I guess what's holding me back on the Low Boy/CRB combo is my lack of confidence in the crb for stand alone encap cleaning and I would like to have at least one option with on board solution be it gravity fed or a sprayer, I think that would save a lot of time on bigger commercial jobs.

That combo would be a nice complement to my truck mount for residential cleaning no doubt and maybe replace my portable for high rises but right now the main area I'm looking to expand into is commercial, hence my wanting on board solution.

If I go the low boy/crb route I'll only be able to buy one at a time which would you anticipate to be better for commercial.