• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confused....
I have had some people express how much the perfect vac lines impress them. Then again some say nothing.
In my mind nice uniform vac lines looks "clean" and coveys a sense of a job well done to most people. It's just a perception issue. Whether its done with a vac or a grandi groom makes little difference.
And yes it does make a vac stink!
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Are you using a Recoil or Jag?

How are you powering it? Geni or customer power?

(07-05-2013, 01:39 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: We run portables doing residential either a Steamin Demon
or a Cross American product, Demon runs on tap water pressure and is auto fill auto dump, Cross American stays in the van I have the option to have it set up to auto fill auto dump or use my AUX wast tank and water tank, we can run 150 feet with no issues.

I shy away from a 175 in a home in unless empty my view it makes you look like a janitor not a professional cleaner. The Orek Lowboy with the wheel kit would be my choice if I was starting out, just add a spray unit to it and bang you are off and running

When I first started I used a Mytee M12 portable.

Good machine, but you had to use a short hose run and the machine was heavy....heavy! I think it weighs around 130#'s?

Anyway, I eventually settled on the Orbot and have had great results for the last year or so.

Frieze is a bit of a tough one to start with. The other guys have given you some great advice. All I can add to it is that from my experience frieze requires a 'dual' cleaning. Pre spray, pad and repeat. This if it's a dirty frieze. Otherwise, you're good to go.

(07-05-2013, 11:10 AM)fantastic floors Wrote: Ok i am confused - who is cleaning residential carpets with VLM rather than HWE?

I am just getting started and don't have a truck mount, just a portable, but i would really like to just do VLM.
I understand that the situation dictates method such as pet urine is HWE, but can i clean residential carpets with VLM using a 175 with scrub brush and then bonnet?

I read on here some guys moving away from their truck mount more and more on residential. I would like to do commercial more and more but right now getting started my first customers are residential and i want to do a good job for them but having a portable is definately a drawback especially when you have to do an upstairs.

Any thougts or suggestions?

Thanks!

(07-06-2013, 07:28 PM)MikeB Wrote: I have had some people express how much the perfect vac lines impress them. Then again some say nothing.
In my mind nice uniform vac lines looks "clean" and coveys a sense of a job well done to most people. It's just a perception issue. Whether its done with a vac or a grandi groom makes little difference.
And yes it does make a vac stink!
Yeah the frieze carpet is in pretty good shape not bad at all so I should be ok.
Actually I am worried that because the carpets in good shape my cleaning g won't be that noticable.

Thanks everyone for the feedback - appreciate it.
I just did a job the other day. I used my 175 with a Dirt Napper Brush first, then went back over it with a Bonnet pad.It came out great. On the stairs , I used a mini buffer and was not happy with the results at all. I normally use my Oreck Orbitor however, I am getting ready to purchase a Cyclo.
A $43 alternative to the Cyclo... http://www.excellent-supply.com/8-inch-D..._p_10.html

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman