• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gain fireworks! Women love it!
[Image: pPGGainMar13.jpg]

The scent of Gain is not really that great to me. It smells ok, but for some reason, women absolutely love the stuff! (most I've encountered anyway)

I bought some of these scent pellets, sprinkled them on the floor, vacuumed them up, and it releases the scent the entire time until I change the bag. Homeowners love it!

I was wondering about adding a few to my RTU cleaning solution. I don't want to mess with the effectiveness of the polymer, because that defeats the purpose of encap cleaning imo, otherwise I'm just shampooing carpet.

I made up some RTU DS2, 4oz per gallon, about 10 of these pellets (equivalent to a tablespoon in my 5 gallon battery sprayer). Smells great! Just like Odorcide fresh scent, but waaaaay cheaper!

I tested the polymer in 4 glass dishes, two with the pellets, two without. With the scented RTU, I swabbed one dish, lightly coating the entire base. The other I put about 2 tablespoons to make a tiny puddle. I repeated those steps with regular DS2, with no other additives.

I woke up this morning and couldn't tell the difference. Both flaked away effortlessly. I did notice that the scent had almost dissipated completely. (probably just encapsulated) Anyway, it seems at first to be a very inexpensive way to add a pleasant scent. Especially to the vacuum.

Label says, "Safe for all colors and fabrics."

I still love the regular scent of Releasit products. They smell "clean" to me. I've never had anyone complain about the scent of DS2, but I've gotten a ridiculous amount of complements on the Gain scent.

Just thought I'd share.
Thanks for sharing Judd, I like the vac idea! I'm always leery about adding anything to an encap product though....If it acts the same in a dish overnight though, I guess it would be ok?
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Hi Judd, Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good short term solution!
If you prevac with it, the smell lingers for so long you could probably not worry about putting it into an encap product.

This is the only scent I've tried. They make multiple scents. I may experiment a bit more on my janitorial accounts.
Interesting idea Judd. Thanks for sharing that.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
Saw some of this GAIN in DOLLAR GENERAL today. Big jar costs $9.50
and a smaller container costs $5. Maybe will get a smaller jar & use some
when HWE. Might be good for upholstery.
Awesome idea. Thank You

http://dkbrestoration.com
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I picked up a bottle of a similar product with the Downey name on it for about 6 bucks yesterday and it smells great in the vacuum.
Smell is the most powerful emotional trigger for the brain so I believe in taking advantage of it whenever possible.
Great idea!
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL