• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing Around With The BrushEncap....
Got the 15" BrushEncap on Wednesday. Some notes:

-Machine is super simple to put together. Even I could do it with ease....which is saying a lot!

-Comes with a paint brush to clean the machine brushes, but no power cord aside from the base 3' cord. I thought that was funny.

-Got the brown brushes in addition to the standard white. Instructions say to break the brown brushes in prior to use by running them on wet concrete for five minutes. So I did just that. Plain water and the concrete cleaned up well, lol (see pics below).

-Used it on a jani account yesterday. This was purely experimental. The carpet at the account is trashed. The client had taken over the office and the floors were 'as is'. We had both op'd and even TM'd the carpet back in May (friend with a TM did it for me). Tried to clean a small area, no dice.

And today:

Worked this afternoon but did not use the machine. Want to experiment with it more. So when I got home I decided to use it on the carpet dry prior to vacuuming. I know a lot of guys vac and then use the CRB. I wanted to try it the other way around. Reason being is that when I use the Windsor Sensor X12 in homes I tend to get a lot of hair around the beater brush. Tons in fact. So I figure that the CRB would remove the hair and whatever else first and the vac would pull up the rest.

Ran the CRB in the living room and dining room. It did a great job of lifting the fiber. It also pulled out a ton of junk. Fur and sand mostly. Now, the house is vacuumed Monday, Wednesday and Friday, usually without fail. I was shocked at how much junk came out of the renovators. Embarrassed, in fact. FYI, my house has two adults, two small dogs (really small) and a cat. The dogs and cat shed but are groomed. Amazing what came out.

Vacuumed after the CRB. Still pulled out a lot of junk! Also, this was using a Dirt Devil. I use the Sensor for work, but the Dirt Devil in the house. Yes, keep laughing, but the DD is not bad, imo. Anyway, in this case the debris was different. Still some fur, but seemed more like fuzz and this time no sand, but lots of dust particles. At least that's what it looked like.

Will vacuum as usual this week, but in two weeks I will repeat the experiment in reverse order.

It's also worth noting that after the CRB and vac combo the carpet feels better than it ever has. Even after pad capping.

I have an appointment Tuesday at an account I service every 2 - 3 months. It's a retail ammo shop. Can the CRB suffice as a stand alone machine on cgd? From what I had read and after discussing it with others, I would think so? But after not even making a ding on Saturday I am not so sure now. The place is moderately soiled and this will be the first cleaning since May.

Pics:

Concrete cleaned -

[Image: 2013-07-06135643_zps8fcde4c1.jpg]

CRB debris:

[Image: 2013-07-07183615_zpsfab9c617.jpg]

CRB debris from another angle:

[Image: 2013-07-07183644_zps5b00d849.jpg]

Vac debris:

[Image: 2013-07-07191619_zps8293a56e.jpg]
Wow that's crazy man. It's amazing what a crb can pull out?

I have to think that pulling that much out of the carpet has to have its benefits?
Crb's do a great job! JMO
Thanks for this excellent posting! This is great carpet science.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
nice post, tx for the feedback Damon.

i'd like to have a lighter-weight CRB to pre-scrub resi jobs with.

someday...
You can get a 10" crb machine. I have one but I'm not sure if they still make them that's small anymore.