• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what did I get myself into
Here I am, looking for carpet gigs. Figured I would take on almost anything. This guy calls me up wanting some area rugs done. 12 of them. 5x8 cotton. White...he uses them for camping. He said he doesn't expect much but he wants the dried mud/dirt off...So I take them home...I vac'd them up pretty good....presprayed peroxellent and let dwell about 10 minutes...used a bonnet with green scrubs and got nowhere...looks like I didn't even touch it.......presprayed again and used a fiber plus pad, then wet pad and got nowhere...looks like I didn't even touch it....I am not a pro like you guys and I haven't done hundreds of carpets, but what I have done, I always made the custy happy....so I am panicking now since he needs them by the 17th.....
  Reply   Purge Spammer
no clue here. perhaps that is the best they'll look?

what about taking one, hanging it over a clothes line, beating it with a tennis racket and then turning the hose on it. see if a lot of brown water comes off. let the sun dry it or better yet speed dry it with a blower.?.

better wait for other responses 1st lol
Greased Lightning, a CRB, a water hose, and a shop vac. I just cleaned an uncleanable white rug with it. After it was dry I sprayed some Hydrox on it, ran a microfiber bonnet on it, let it dry, vacuumed it, returned it.

I'm not that impressed with peroxellent. Hydrox cleans better imo. Maybe your peroxide lost its mojo? How is it stored? Air, light, and heat are not real good friends with peroxide.
HEHE....lucky to get an hr of sun a day here....feel like I'm in the everglades.......
  Reply   Purge Spammer
White rugs for camping??
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Yeah, white...and cotton....mud just soaks right thru........I called another cleaner to my house....he shampooed it...same result as I got....Undecided
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Take it out and shoot it!!!
[Image: 0004460002452_500X500.jpg]