• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought Yet Another Toy....Ooops, I Meant Tool....
Got a used Tsunami (Steamin' Demon).

Just did a few feet in my house this late afternoon to try it out. Amazingly, the carpet dried fast. Really fast. Less than two hours. Put a Dri Pod on top to help out, but it really didn't seem to need it.

What's your usual process when using the Demon/Tsunami? Do you set it up at the furthest point in the home and move towards the front door (or whatever your point of exit is) similar to a HWE process?

I really want to hook up the customers water heater and not the sink. We have no basements in Las Vegas and 99% of the water heaters are in the garage, usually with a toilet about 15 - 20 feet away. However in order to do a hook up like this I would need to split the hose bundle up.

Is that a bad idea?

Also, how are you setting up? Do you bring in the machine with the hoses already attached or do you do it all separately?

How about stairs?

Thanks!

[Image: 2013-07-11171206_zpsab1b953f.jpg]
nice, congrats!!

i don't have any answers for you. one thing i do recall about those machines when i researched them is that these can work for hose management. idk how well they help, but something to consider.

[Image: hose-reel-cart-275.jpg]
Looks like a nice clean machine!
I think a bathroom hook up would be best on residential. Usually a short sturdy Faucet in there and toilet right next to it. Have fun with the new toy! Sorry, tool. Yeah right. Smile
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
If it has a 300' hose capacity, it seems that it would be able to hold two double hose runs (supply/discharge) of 50' each with the power cord. It also seems that it would be a good storage system for the hoses - and dispense them quickly. Mike if you get one let me know how it works out.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
Hey looks to be in amazing shape.
Pretty sure one supplier had a reel almost identical to that one. Would be great for long run commercial but not needed for resi imo.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
Congrats on your new "toy" Damon. The Tsunami / Steamim Demon is unmatched for it's water flow. It can flush more water through the carpet than a typical truck mount. Yet it does a pretty decent job of recovery too. So it clearly has a place. In fact that's why we sell them at ES.

You can run the supplied 50' hose in the encased sheaf - and then branch from that point into two separate garden hoses. Limit the hose run on the discharge size to 250 feet or less. If you want to go beyond 250' you'll need to add a second discharge pump (that is an add-on option).

Enjoy your new toy.