• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new Cimex and Punch (pics)
You'll have to excuse the crummy cell pics plus the lighting was changing from the beginning of the job to the end of the job.

As we always say, the pics really don't do this job justice. It was for a new customer, turns out he has 44 rental properties. He said he was prepared to tear it out and it was OK if I couldn't save it. I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to see what Punch and the Cimex could do. As a truck mount HWE guy I must say I was thoroughly impressed. I did extract after using scrubbing but I believe I could have skipped it and the customer would have still been tickled. You can't really see it in the pics but most of those black spots were not just spots, not sure what they were but they almost had the consistency of tar.

The process was pre-vac, treat red stains with red vanish, pre-spray with Punch mixed at 10 oz per gallon, scrub with Cimex and fiber plus pads and then extract with the truck mount.

[Image: 8eby9uhy.jpg] Before

[Image: 7agupyqy.jpg] After Cimex scrub

[Image: ygytyjed.jpg] After extraction

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
nice work. it's a beast of a pre-scrubber!
Nice job!

What TM are you using?
Nice work Joey.
That looks really good!
Very nice!
Looks great!
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
(07-19-2013, 01:47 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Nice job!

What TM are you using?

Thanks everyone.

Its deceptive how aggressive the Cimex scrubs because of how easy it is to handle it feels like its just gliding on the carpet very lightly but this job proved for me that its really giving it a great scrubbing.

I run an old White Magic Pro-1200.

Wow, what a great pic on your first job. I knew you would be happy with the Cimex. You made a wise choice.
Customer just called to say the carpet looks "amazing" and he has 10 more for me to do in the next week or two. He also said he found me on Angieslist and will leave me a good review.

Looks great! Did you extract with just clean water?
(07-19-2013, 12:12 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: Looks great! Did you extract with just clean water?

I use a weak dilution of Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean acid rinse. I put about 8 oz in the mix tank and run it at about 2-3 gallons per hour.

For nasties I use Prochem Dry Slurry but after the cimex scrub I didn't feel that was necessary on this job.

I did two carpet cleaning jobs today plus 1 tile job.

On the carpets I used the same process of vac, prespray, cimex scrub and extract but I used one of the competitions encap cleaners instead of Punch. The end results after extraction very good but where I felt on yesterdays carpet with punch I could have stopped after the scrub and skipped the extraction had I wanted to, on both jobs today the carpets didn't look all that much better after the scrub, they didn't really pop until I extracted them. Neither of these were as dirty as yesterdays either so I can't help but wonder if this other product is just that inferior or if it was just because it was different types of carpet/soiling. I suppose some side by side testing is in order. On a side note, while I know the pads are better for commercial and Berber, I can't help but wonder if brushes might be better for pre scrubbing residential?

PS The other product seems pretty popular on the boards so I was really surprised by the results.

Glad to see that you're having such great success.

Will you try padcapping any of your residential jobs now?
(07-20-2013, 01:37 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Glad to see that you're having such great success.

Will you try padcapping any of your residential jobs now?

Probably not on jobs that are accessible with the truckmount but I'd definitely like to give it a legit shot to replace my portable as much as possible on the high rise condos I clean.

I'm thinking of getting a brush and assortment of pads for my 175 to use for pad capping high rises or should I just get some tuways for the cimex?

Ive used the tuways on the cimex with some success. The problem is surface area. The tuways just aren't that big, so if really dirty, you will have to change them fairly often. Also they are not nearly as absorbent as say a microbeast.. Better would probably be to scrub with the cimex and then come back over with the 175 with an absorbent bonnet. Great would be to scrub with the cimex and come back over with a lowboy or an orbot. However if you get an OP, you could just prespray, use a fiberpad on the op to scrub, then come back over with a microbeast and not need to bring a second machine in. Now if you have a helper, bring both machines in and rock and roll.