• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourites
Encapping on large commercial work, which machine do you prefer, Cimex or Sprayborg ?

My preference is definitely the Cimex.

With Big Yella, I can normally run for about an hour, sometimes up to 1.5 hours, depending on soiling and carpet, before re-filling solution tank.

With the Sprayborg and a much smaller tank, this time is down to about half an hour, or less.

I use far less solution with my Mex; than the Sprayborg, I put this down to the shower feed as opposed to the pump pushing solution out under pressure.

I also much prefer the shower feed to the jets that put small globules of solution into the air, I'm a sensitive old bloke, and don't handle chemical fumes that well anymore. Wink

Both machines are very easy to handle, but with the Mex; I can get into tighter areas than I can with the Sprayborg, this is mainly due to the placement of the solution bottle on the Sprayborg which (for me), is a severe height restriction.

I know that others can lay theirs' down pretty low, but I'm not overly confident with that.

I also feel that Big Yella is balanced better for rolling in or out of the van, especially with the long handle on the Sprayborg that is nearly as high as my van roof, which I have to lower to get in properly.

I cursed a few weeks back when I couldn't get my Mex; between the wall and a desk in a security office.

All the desks have a motion sensor on them so they can't be moved otherwise security staff are there in a matter of minutes and I get charged the call-out. Sad

Idea So for one little area, I had to go home and get my Gem, a very small, oblong plated orbital machine, (pick it up in one hand), this did the trick, and a lot easier than getting the Sprayborg, wheeling it up a busy street and then hauling it up the stairs, no lift (elevator) in this building.

Soon as I get rid of my tm, I will have my Mex; Sprayborg and Gem in the van at all times.

Each machine has it's own peculiarities, and can perform certain jobs better than the others, not one can do all and excel in every job.

What have you found, YES !!, you too Richard. Big GrinTongue

Shorty
I'm dying to get my Cimex out on a large commercial job. They've been on backorder, but hopefully will start shipping next week.
Shorty, are you getting rid of your tm and doing only encap?
(07-21-2012, 05:11 PM)Blue Ridge Floor Care Wrote: I'm dying to get my Cimex out on a large commercial job. They've been on backorder, but hopefully will start shipping next week.
Shorty, are you getting rid of your tm and doing only encap?
I'm getting rid of my twuck mount Tongue because I no longer need it.

HOWEVER, I am still keeping a large porty for when I do need to do some flushing.

Many jobs where I do encap; I cannot use a twuck mount, heck, I don't even like using a porty. Sad

I only have a small Toyota Hi Ace van, the tm is straddled across the van with the front of it just about level with the rear opening of the sliding door.

All the way to the rear lift-up door is taken up with this + hose reels, waste tank, etc;

Imagine the amount of space I will have when it's gone, plus the weight removed.

I will no longer need 250' of hoses on reels, 2 x 50' of waste & solution on the walls will suffice.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Sleepy

Encap; is, and will be, my preferred choice of cleaning until I have both legs in a cardboard box and go to that big BBQ down the road for my send-off. ConfusedTongue

Large commercials ROCK with Big yella, & with my big size, I ROLL right along with them. Big Grin

Yer gonna luv her when she arrives.

Shorty.