• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pad Recommendation Please
Good afternoon gents! I use a Cimex almost exclusively on CGD. I also own a 20" 175. I want to use the 175 with an absorbent bonnet after running the Cimex on the dirtier carpets. What is the most absorbent bonnet that you know of to extract the greatest amount of soil? Thanks!
Can a micro fiber pad be used under that machine? If so, that or a cotton/poly blend are good for absorbency.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Hey Mike. I'm pretty certain that I can use a Micro Fiber pad under my rotary. I guess what I'm getting at is, what pad will absorb the most soil?
I think ive read that the microfiber doesn't run well under a 175. (I could be wrong about that) the cottons and cotton blends will give you the most absorbency.
I've never used 175 so maybe some others will chime in. Cotton poly absorbs great if it will work for you.
Mike Becker
I use a high speed 390 something rpm polivac rotary and find these cotton pads work well after scrubbing with a fibreplus. they work even better if you put a little hot water on them first.
http://www.ccwonline.com.au/prod277.htm
I used to spread out a cotton blend towel on the floor, and put a Tuway thin pad on top. Then I would fold the corners over the thin pad, and put the 175 on that and run it. It absorbs well, and if you were just going to use it in limited areas, it would be ok. However, it is too time consuming to use it over large areas. Plus you need alot of towels...
Ed Elliott

We have recently added MicroBeast bonnets to Excellent Supply and they are very popular, never had anyone say they are unable to use them with their rotary. They are very absorbent and very durable and affordable. They can be easily rinsed out and also because they have an inner liner they can be flipped over.
Good to know they run well on a 175! I love em under the OP. I just dunk them in a bucket of hot water after a while and rinse them out, then keep going. They hold lots of junk!
Mike Becker
I work with both Cimex and 175.

The pads recommended above work great.

I'd add the Pro's Choice ProSorb, 100% cotton and very aggressive. It shears out embedded dirt and makes for a really nasty pad. Very impressive to customers.
As Tanoah mentioned, the MicroBeast bonnets would be an excellent choice. They scrub well. They absorb soil well. And they hold up well. Plus they stay nice looking longer, since they're gray and don't dinge out like white bonnets do. As Tanoah said, these bonnets have become incredibly popular. We've sold a bunch of them and all of the feedback has been positive.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
I totally agree with you Rick, I have hunted down some Aussie equivalents (that look identical) and they are great. I wouldn't be without them now.

Cheers

Jamie
Thanks guys! I ordered some cotton blend bonnets from Bonnet Pro, and tomorrow I'm going to call encaptanoah and order some Microbeasts. Last time I talked to Tanoah I walked away $3k lighter. She's awesome!
I'm not called Swiftkick for nothin! Now you have a Ci-MONEY-mex! Big Grin
LOL Tanoah. And it has paid for itself many times over! I ordered a couple MicroBeasts from encaprodney the other day. I was relieved that you were off duty. Otherwise, I would have ended up with 24. Smile