• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apartment Pricing
Hey guys, my first thread here.

I'm a long time VLM tech who is starting to do my own work. I'm looking at empty apts. for a company.

My questions: What's the going rate on your run of the mill 1,2,3 BR apts?

How do you charge for specialty work like red stains and urine?

Do you charge extra for upper floors?

And any other helpful hints you may have!

Thanks for any feedback. I'd like to submit a bid that's as professional as my abilities.
I live in a college town and do a lot of empties. Price varies depending if it is a single client or an apartment complex. clients i have a $125 minimum and increase from there depending on number of rooms, stairs, excessively trashed etc. For large complexes you must go lower to be competitive. However you make more money in volume and efficiency. One of my complexes will have 10-14 apts for me to do in a day, all located next to one another. For those I'm between $85-$100 per 3-4 bedroom unit. Price will also be different across the country.
Thanks mate; that seems pretty consistent with the other research I've done.
Going rate in East Tennessee is $75 per unit, regardless of size.
I am probably one of the few people charging by the SF. I am in a college town, and the summers are very busy. I am at $.18SF for vacant units, $2 per stair, $30 for red dye removal (jello shooters gone awry...), $20 for spot dye. Those are on site rates, but I have a $90 minimum. Pet stains/urine are extra, depending on how bad.
Ed Elliott