• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House boat cleaning
now i am really not thinking about this but more curious, I have had several people tell me/ask me to start cleaning boats on the lake... like have a carpet cleaning pontoon and you drive around to each house boat to clean them... wonder the following

1. could you encap?
2. if you steam clean what about the waste water ?
3. how much could you make
4. how much would it cost to ste up
I believe there is someone in MO on the Lake of the Ozarks who does this. Can't remember who.
I don;t think it would be something i am interested in because i would not have the time to to set at the lake so that means hiring a person that would have little to no supervision. but its an idea for someone out there
I think turning a hired helper loose on a pontoon on a busy lake would be a nightmare.
Now if I lived close to a busy lake with lots of pricey boats on it...it might be a cool weekend offering during the season. An Oreck orbiter, a small spot extractor, buckets, pads, chems...
You'd have to go after the residents that live on the lake though. Weekenders or vacationers would not be interested unless they have some semi liquid remains on board from the "over served" party quests. :o
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I cleaned one last fall as an add on to the residence. I can tell you that vacuuming the sand out is a challenge all by itself. That being said, I used a portable extractor with a LM cleaning solution. The stains lifted pretty easy, but there are alot of tight angles and spaces to work through. An hour for a hundred bucks. I would do it again, but not as a business I would go after in and of itself.
Ed Elliott

think i will pass but setting up a stationary cleaning station like a car wash but be a money maker... but not for me...