• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet Carpet Tiles
I have a janitorial contract in a new office complex that opened 6 weeks ago. The hallways have light tan, nylon carpet tiles with a black, rubber type backing.

The first week the building was open, a small water line feeding the ice maker in the breakroom leaked and went under a wall and soaked the hallway tiles. When the tiles dried, they were darker than the adjacent tiles and had a sticky feel on the surface like the adhesive had wicked up. They were going to replace the tiles but the carpet dealer can't guarantee tiles from the same batch so the color may not be an exact match. They now want to know if I can clean them and get an acceptable appearance.

Any ideas on the best way to deal with these darkened, sticky tiles? I have both an orbot and cimex machine and stock DS2, punch and hydrox. Thanks!
Make no guarantees! Pre-spray with Encap Hydrox mixed at 20 ounces per gallon. Lightly work it in with your Cimex, let dwell 15 minutes then scrub with Cimex and Hydrox mixed at 12 ounces per gallon. DRY QUICKLY with fans.
We already had the no guarantee, it'll be a crap shoot talk. I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks Tanoah!