• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best tool to encap tight places?
I just picked up a restaurant to clean carpets. The problem is the booths have mounted tables with a center bar that is mounted to the floor. My cimex will not fit through, so i need a smaller machine toencap in the booths. Any suggestions?
(07-25-2013, 12:30 PM)ebarnett Wrote: I just picked up a restaurant to clean carpets. The problem is the booths have mounted tables with a center bar that is mounted to the floor. My cimex will not fit through, so i need a smaller machine toencap in the booths. Any suggestions?

I'd suggest getting a small rotary machine or perhaps the little Oreck Orbiter.

Rick Gelinas The Encapman
Thanks Rick, I was thinking of the Orbiter. It is pretty light weight, so i wondered about results. Also do they sell small solution tanks to fit those?
(07-25-2013, 12:42 PM)ebarnett Wrote: Thanks Rick, I was thinking of the Orbiter. It is pretty light weight, so i wondered about results. Also do they sell small solution tanks to fit those?

No solution tanks. You'd need to spray.

But a small rotary machine could take a tank.

Rick Gelinas The Encapman
Also looking at Koblenz P-4000. It has a small solution tank. Anybody ever encap with one of these?

http://www.cleanfreak.com/Qstore/p001261.htm
Don't wast your money on the Koblenz P-4000, it will not hold up for commercial work. Had one years ago and was a waste.
Skip the small rotary and get the Orbiter. There are brushes available (Orange, Black and Union Mix), plus you can get a small MicroBeast or even cut down a FiberPlus pad for it. You might check Craigslist or eBay for a good deal on one.

Also keep in mind there is a good chance that any tank on a rotary will interfere with the machine getting under the table with the center bar.
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your advice.