• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Carpet Tiles
Got a call today about cleaning a control room in an oil sands plant. The gentleman asked if we did dry cleaning, he was concerned that moisture from wet cleaning could get below the carpet tiles as there is a 2' void under the raised floor in the control room where all the cabling runs.
I told him that we encap control rooms on a yearly basis for another oil producer without issue.

He said he would require as much information on our process as possible to take to the decision makers. Just wondering how you guys would handle this. Is there information online that would explain the encapsulation / Cimex process better or would you just compose a professional reply via email?

Jim Morrison
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Traditional shampoo Encap cleaning normally averages about 300 sq ft per gallon of diluted cleaning solution. That's not entirely dry, but it's certainly low moisture.

However if they want something drier, you still have two drier options. Spray/bonnet cleaning will use about a third less moisture than shampooing. Or you could use dry absorbent powder which is essentially dry.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
Thanks Rick, my tech uses the Cimex so much that I couldn't figure out the application rate. I will include those numbers in my follow up email, can't see it being an issue, at that rate no moisture will be getting below the carpet tiles.

Appreciate the other suggestions, i am biased towards the Cimex as we are familiar with the results. Smile
  Reply   Purge Spammer