• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat dander
At the end of this week, I am cleaning a house where the people moving out have cat(s) and the lady moving in is very bothered by cat dander. What Excellent Supply products would be most effective in removing cat dander from the carpet?
Cat dander can be tough. It is likely all over everything, the walls, ductwork, as well as the carpet. Replacing the carpet is the most thorough option. Hot water extraction would be the most thorough method of handling the cleaning if that's what's been selected. If you were to try to remove cat dander with Encap alone there may be some lingering dander. But if encap is your only option first pre-vac like crazy and then do a very thorough encap cleaning with any of our Encap detergents, Encap-HydrOx would be a good choice. That could pretty likely get the dander under control. But regardless of what method you go with, I'd "under-promise" since the entire home is likely full of dander.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I am planning to hot water extract. After vacuuming and before hwe would Cimex with soft brushes help loosen and dig out the dander?

I will probably spray down the carpets with Masterblend Allergy Relief Treatment after cleaning. Do you know whether HWE rinsing with an encapsulating product like Encap Punch might interfere with the allergy-abatement process of the Masterblend product?
I would expect that using an encap product such as Encap-Punch would actually help. Wrapping up an allergen inside a polymer package could possibly reduce it's capacity to act as an irritant.