• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skunky zorbs
I have resigned myself to zorbs becoming grey over time. However, I wash them every night and put them in a laundry tub damp for the next day. They never sit long or get moldy, but when I use them the next day, they stink. Anybody got any thoughts on keeping them smelling decent?
Ed Elliott

Some people add a cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle. I haven't tried it yet but worth a try.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Low temp dry.

I tried the damp pad approach, but really didn't like it. Some people hang dry them outside, but I do not live on Little House On The Prairie.

They will get dark quick. Sucks. They're good for about a year or so of regular use.
I wash my bonnets with some anti-microbial solution and they don't smell after that because the anti-microbial kills the bacteria causing the smell.

Can't help on the grey dinginess.

Cheers

Jamie
Thanks for the ideas.

MikeB-I have a front loader. It locks until the whole cycle is done, so I can't add anything.

CleaningDude-I will give this a try tonight. I haven't been drying them so I could use them damp the next day without having to wet them before I get started. This may be the best idea. I also do not dry my MF Beasts, but they do not seem to stink the next day. Just the zorbs.

Jamie-What anti-microbial solution do you use? I'll have to look for something to try.
Ed Elliott

Ed, I forgot to add that I hang them on a line in my basement laundry room (dehumidifier is running in basement all summer)to dry. I used to leave them damp too but if they sit damp folded over in a bucket too long they will stink for sure.
I always put a few in a bucket half full of hot water and snap the lid on tight when I head out to a job. Hardware stores sell 5 gal buckets with snap on lids pretty cheap. Mine has a rubber seal in it so if the bucket tips you don't have hot water everywhere and it keeps them nice and warm. They all get gray/dark gray and it drives me nuts too, but they are clean anyway. I use them till they get thin and come apart.
Mike Becker
Skunky Zorbs sounds like a rock band!
(07-31-2013, 06:23 AM)Ed E Wrote: Jamie-What anti-microbial solution do you use? I'll have to look for something to try.

I use an anti-microbial from a local Aussie Supplier so that's not going to help you unfortunately. Any decent one will do the trick. Mine costs me about $30-$40 Aussie for 5 litres. Has a real pleasant smell as well.

Using the AM will definitely solve your smell issues.

Cheers

Jamie
Kind regards to all who have replied. I am hanging them on the line tonight..... Will look for an AM around here to try as well.
Ed Elliott

Keep a microfiber pad on top of the Zorbs when you walk into a customers house. This way they won't see the dirty diapers....
Damon, that's what I do! LOL
Mike Becker
I was mine with OSR fom pros choice couple scoops per load works great helps keep them white and also helps with the smell
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I only use Superzorbs for demo purposes. I wash them, while still damp, with Wisk and a bluing agent. They never become new again, but it keeps them brighter.
Follow up: Hanging them on the line over night does the trick. No more skunky 'Zorbs....
Ed Elliott

I just wish they wouldn't fall apart after 10 uses.