• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Derek Beat This!
I'm out walking the dog this morning, garbage collection day and I walk by this houses container and there's a Purple Dyson Animal 17 sitting beside it. Looks perfect so I ring the doorbell and ask them the guy if he's throwing it away, and does it work. Yes their throwing it away and yes it does work perfect. The brushes are worn but that's it . I ask if he minds if I take it "not at all help yourself". Brought it home tried it out ran like a champ and sucked like crazy. Ordered the new brush $28 and it's like new.

They thought it was to aggressive on the carpet! Rick make sure Derek doesn't get my address I don't want him traveling down here picking my neighborhood Smile
(07-23-2012, 01:11 PM)rlord Wrote: I'm out walking the dog this morning, garbage collection day and I walk by this houses container and there's a Purple Dyson Animal 17 sitting beside it. Looks perfect so I ring the doorbell and ask them the guy if he's throwing it away, and does it work. Yes their throwing it away and yes it does work perfect. The brushes are worn but that's it . I ask if he minds if I take it "not at all help yourself". Brought it home tried it out ran like a champ and sucked like crazy. Ordered the new brush $28 and it's like new.

They thought it was to aggressive on the carpet! Rick make sure Derek doesn't get my address I don't want him traveling down here picking my neighborhood Smile
Some guys have all the luck. Tongue
Yes they do LOL you Rick Lord
They must of been rich like this guy I know from Wilson, N.C. Ades something or other Smile
(07-23-2012, 05:38 PM)rlord Wrote: They must of been rich like this guy I know from Wilson, N.C. Ades something or other Smile
lol.

nice work Rick! so big question: how do you replace the brush roll? is it easy?
It's real easy just turn the 3 twist screws on the bottom 1/4 turn take off the cover pull the old brush toward you comes right out. Tilt the brush a little to slide the belt off. Reverse the process to but it back on.
ahh that is right! iirc, the job that "Requires" a certified Dyson repairman to fix, is replacing the belt.

have you ever done that before?
No, but nice to know about the belt. I was never a fan of Dyson until I saw your post about working on damp carpet.

I really agree with Rick G about having something that is not off the shelf, but I really like the using on damp carpet ability. Saved me a bunch of walking, really grooms well and picks up anything kicked up during cleaning.
glad it helped Rick! thanx for the reminder about the brush roll...idk how i forgot about that!!
Make sure your brush is clean, especially when you vacuum white/cream carpet that has just been cleaned.