• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transporting the Cimex
I move my 19" Cimex inside a trailer with my other CC equipment. I live in the mountains and travel a lot of bumpy, sometimes unpaved roads. I do keep the handles strapped so that the Cimex stays upright and doesn't turn over or roll around.

Can anyone send pictures or a description of what I should build for the Cimex head to rest on, instead of just the wooden trailer floor? Thanks.

Kenny
The wooden trailer floor would be fine for the head to rest on. Ive found the cimex travels best pads down. I always keep a set of old pads on it for transport, then put new pads on at the job site. The important thing is to protect the pad drivers from premature wear, and having a set of pads on them will do that.
Great, that's how I have been transporting. I will start using old pads. The half-used ones get pretty flat by the time the ride is over.
I installed tie downs on the floor and rachet strap the head to the floor just tight enough so it has no movement...
Trailer, why you kids these days. When I was your age I lived on the top of a mountain and I would lift the head of the Cimex, sit on the handle and ride it down the mountain to my cleaning jobs, then when I was finished I would strap it to my back and carry it back up the mountain. Trailer....lazy kids.
Joe that was great! LOL

As mentioned above, transport the Cimex firmly secured, with pads down.
I applied industrial velcro to the floor of my trailer. Simply set the Cimex pads on the Velcro and its stays put.

I am kidding!!!!
I do use these ratchet rope tie downs. Much nicer than those awkward straps.
http://www.etrailer.com/Cargo-Tie-Downs,Trailer-Cargo-Control/Erickson/01800.html?feed=npn&gclid=CMOe4a_237gCFUyi4Aod8jQAEQ

Here is something else to brighten your day. How to fish with a hand grenade...
http://dragonlaffs.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/14.gif
"I applied industrial velcro to the floor of my trailer"

Funny, that what I used to do with my kids in the back of my pick up truck.

Seat belts, we don't need no stinking seat belts.